* tangle paths
@ 2011-06-24 12:13 skip
From: skip @ 2011-06-24 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a way I can produce output of tangle blocks to specific file paths?

* Re: tangle paths
@ 2011-06-24 18:13 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-06-24 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: skip; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The manual is useful: http://orgmode.org/manual/tangle.html

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: tangle paths
@ 2011-06-27 19:46   ` Herbert Sitz
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-06-27 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
> skip <scp0801 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Is there a way I can produce output of tangle blocks to specific file paths?
> >

> The manual is useful: http://orgmode.org/manual/tangle.html

Eric --

I was wondering similar thing, but manual wasn't clearing things up for me.  As
far as I know, 'basename' conventionally refers to a filename (root plus
extension) that does _not_ include a directory path to the file itself.  See,
e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basename

Is the manual using 'basename' to refer to a full path designation, minus the
extension?  E.g.,

/path/to/file/filename

-- Herb

* Re: tangle paths
@ 2011-06-28  2:05 ` Herbert Sitz
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-06-28  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

skip <scp0801 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way I can produce output of tangle blocks to specific file paths?

I haven't tested, but one way might be to use the org-babel-post-tangle-hook to
write a function to move files wherever you want:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Extracting-source-code.html#index-tangling-1720

-- Herb

* Re: tangle paths
@ 2011-06-28 20:28     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-06-28 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Sitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Herbert Sitz <hsitz@nwlink.com> writes:

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> skip <scp0801 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Is there a way I can produce output of tangle blocks to specific file paths?
>> >

>> The manual is useful: http://orgmode.org/manual/tangle.html
>>

> Eric --
>
> I was wondering similar thing, but manual wasn't clearing things up for me.  As
> far as I know, 'basename' conventionally refers to a filename (root plus
> extension) that does _not_ include a directory path to the file itself.  See,
> e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basename
>
> Is the manual using 'basename' to refer to a full path designation, minus the
> extension?  E.g.,
>
> /path/to/file/filename

Thanks for pointing this out, I've just pushed up an update to the
manual.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte