* columnview at startup
@ 2009-10-01 12:58 Philipp Schaefer
From: Philipp Schaefer @ 2009-10-01 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to have an orgfile be viewed in
column view when it is loaded into an emacs buffer. I've looked through
the options of #+startup but couldn't find anything.

Another thing is, that for my files in which I use column view, when the
buffer is in column view, the names of scheduled headlines in that
buffer disappear in the agenda buffer (weekly view), but reapear, once
the buffer has been switched to normal view again (each time I have to
reload the agenda buffer of course, to see the change). I suppose that
is a bug?

Best Regards,

Philipp Schäfer

* Re: columnview at startup
@ 2009-10-02  6:28 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-02  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philipp Schaefer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 1, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Philipp Schaefer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering whether it is possible to have an orgfile be viewed in
> column view when it is loaded into an emacs buffer. I've looked
> through
> the options of #+startup but couldn't find anything.

No, there is no such option, and I would not recommend it.

Why don't you assign this to a function key:

(defun my-start-file-wide-coumn-view ()
    (interactive)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (org-columns))

> Another thing is, that for my files in which I use column view, when
> the
> buffer is in column view, the names of scheduled headlines in that
> buffer disappear in the agenda buffer (weekly view), but reapear, once
> the buffer has been switched to normal view again (each time I have to
> reload the agenda buffer of course, to see the change). I suppose that
> is a bug?

I cannot reproduce this.

- Carsten