* Org Mode 7 Manual - printed edition now available
@ 2010-12-17 13:16 Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2010-12-17 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

For people who like printed documentation, the Org 7 mode manual has
now been published as a paperback book.  The details are

  "The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual - Organize your life with GNU Emacs"
   by Carsten Dominik and others
   Paperback (6"x9"), 282 pages.
   Retail Price: $14.95 (9.95 GBP), ISBN 9781906966089

For more information and links to bookstores where you can buy it see
http://www.network-theory.co.uk/org/manual/

I'm happy to say that for each copy sold $1 will be donated to the Org
project by Network Theory Ltd.

(We also publish other free software manuals, including Perl, Python,
PostgreSQL, GNU Octave, R and others, and have donated over $24,000 to
those projects this way -- more details at our website below.)

--
best regards,

Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing Free Software Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/

* Re: Org Mode 7 Manual - printed edition now available
@ 2010-12-21  9:26 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-12-21  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 17, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Brian Gough wrote:

> Hello,
>
> For people who like printed documentation, the Org 7 mode manual has
> now been published as a paperback book.  The details are
>
>  "The Org Mode 7 Reference Manual - Organize your life with GNU Emacs"
>   by Carsten Dominik and others
>   Paperback (6"x9"), 282 pages.
>   Retail Price: $14.95 (9.95 GBP), ISBN 9781906966089
>
> For more information and links to bookstores where you can buy it see
> http://www.network-theory.co.uk/org/manual/
>
> I'm happy to say that for each copy sold $1 will be donated to the Org
> project by Network Theory Ltd.

High everyone,

I do have my copy of the book, and all I can say is it looks great.
Thanks to Brian for Barry for publishing it.

- Carsten

* Re: Org Mode 7 Manual - printed edition now available
@ 2011-01-04 18:16   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-04 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Brian Gough, emacs-orgmode

Hi Brian and all,

> I do have my copy of the book, and all I can say is it looks great.
> Thanks to Brian for Barry for publishing it.

I also received the book for Chrismas time!

The book was kindly offered by Network Theory and all I can tell is:
WOW.  Great work.

Thanks Brian!

I hope many people will buy it to celebrate Carsten's 7 years of crazy
development.  FWIW: if people buy it now and come to FOSDEM, they will
have a chance to get a signature from The Author :)

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Org donate button switched to Bastien's account (was: Org Mode 7 Manual - printed edition now available)
@ 2011-01-04 18:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-04 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Gough; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk> writes:

> I'm happy to say that for each copy sold $1 will be donated to the Org
> project by Network Theory Ltd.

About this: note that the paypal donate button on http://orgmode.org now
points to my paypal account, not Carsten's one.

On top of this button, I plan to set up a community account for Orgers:
a place where the Org community can donate to itself.  I will redirect
all "incomes" from Network Theory to this account when set.  It won't
be done before at least one month, though - I'll keep you updated.

Best,

--
 Bastien