* org-export-generic.el patch to make it load with "require"
@ 2010-02-03 16:27 news
From: news @ 2010-02-03 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In the org-export-generic.el file the library is provided as org-generic
instead of org-export-generic.
Not sure what the reason for this is, but I cannot load it with
(require 'org-generic).

This patch changes (provide 'org-generic) to
(provide 'org-export-generic) so I can load it normally.

*** ~/.emacs.d/org-export-generic.el	2010-02-03 15:47:30.000000000 +0000
--- ~/.emacs.d/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-export-generic.el	2010-02-03 15:46:45.000000000 +0000
***************
*** 1237,1242 ****
      (and vl (setcar vl nil))
      vl))

! (provide 'org-export-generic)

  ;;; org-export-generic.el ends here
--- 1237,1242 ----
      (and vl (setcar vl nil))
      vl))

! (provide 'org-generic)

  ;;; org-export-generic.el ends here

--
aleblanc

* Re: org-export-generic.el patch to make it load with "require"
@ 2010-02-03 17:03 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-02-03 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

<news@aleblanc.cotse.net> wrote:

> In the org-export-generic.el file the library is provided as org-generic
> instead of org-export-generic.
> Not sure what the reason for this is, but I cannot load it with
> (require 'org-generic).

Having the provided symbol have the same print-name as the file
name is a common convention, but you *can* do what you want with

    (require 'org-generic "org-export-generic")

although your patch is probably the right long term solution.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: org-export-generic.el patch to make it load with "require"
@ 2010-02-04  6:34 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-04  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have applied you patch, but also kept the old provide statement,
to make sure that no old code will break.

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Feb 3, 2010, at 5:27 PM, <news@aleblanc.cotse.net> <news@aleblanc.cotse.net
 > wrote:

> In the org-export-generic.el file the library is provided as org-
> generic
> instead of org-export-generic.
> Not sure what the reason for this is, but I cannot load it with
> (require 'org-generic).
>
> This patch changes (provide 'org-generic) to
> (provide 'org-export-generic) so I can load it normally.
>
> *** ~/.emacs.d/org-export-generic.el	2010-02-03 15:47:30.000000000
> +0000
> --- ~/.emacs.d/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-export-generic.el
> 2010-02-03 15:46:45.000000000 +0000
> ***************
> *** 1237,1242 ****
>      (and vl (setcar vl nil))
>      vl))
>
> ! (provide 'org-export-generic)
>
>  ;;; org-export-generic.el ends here
> --- 1237,1242 ----
>      (and vl (setcar vl nil))
>      vl))
>
> ! (provide 'org-generic)
>
>  ;;; org-export-generic.el ends here
>

> --
> aleblanc

- Carsten

* Re: org-export-generic.el patch to make it load with "require"
@ 2010-02-08 19:50   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2010-02-08 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: news, emacs-orgmode

ND> <news@aleblanc.cotse.net> wrote:
>> In the org-export-generic.el file the library is provided as org-generic
>> instead of org-export-generic.
>> Not sure what the reason for this is, but I cannot load it with
>> (require 'org-generic).
>>

ND> Having the provided symbol have the same print-name as the file
ND> name is a common convention, but you *can* do what you want with

ND> (require 'org-generic "org-export-generic")

ND> although your patch is probably the right long term solution.

Agreed, and the name in the require file derives from the original name
I used for the file.  I should have renamed the (provide line when we
renamed the file.  Whoops.

--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/

* Re: Re: org-export-generic.el patch to make it load with "require"
@ 2010-02-08 22:40     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-08 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: news, emacs-orgmode

On Feb 8, 2010, at 8:50 PM, Wes Hardaker wrote:

> ND> <news@aleblanc.cotse.net> wrote:
>>> In the org-export-generic.el file the library is provided as org-
>>> generic
>>> instead of org-export-generic.
>>> Not sure what the reason for this is, but I cannot load it with
>>> (require 'org-generic).
>>>

> ND> Having the provided symbol have the same print-name as the file
> ND> name is a common convention, but you *can* do what you want with
>
> ND> (require 'org-generic "org-export-generic")
>
> ND> although your patch is probably the right long term solution.
>
> Agreed, and the name in the require file derives from the original
> name
> I used for the file.  I should have renamed the (provide line when we
> renamed the file.  Whoops.

I have already checked in a patch - the file now provides both symbols.

- Carsten