* Tables and Images are shifted to the end of document while exporting to tex file
@ 2010-03-24 19:33 Keith
From: Keith @ 2010-03-24 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

I have a document containing total around 10 images and tables with the
attribute setting "#+ATTR_LaTex: placement=[htb]". However, I notice
that two of this images and tables are placed in the end of the pdf
document where shouldn't be their place. At the beginning I thought it
might be the floating mechanism in Tex system. Nevertheless, after
trying lots of tuning in vain, I noticed the position of these image and
table were shifted to the end of the file just before "\end{document}"
and this causes the mistake of the position.

Does anyone has idea about it?

Keith

* Re: Tables and Images are shifted to the end of document while exporting to tex file
@ 2010-03-27 15:35 ` Keith
From: Keith @ 2010-03-27 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think I find where the bug is. I notice the images which are moved to
the end of the document were placed just after the footnote syntax, say:

   here is the content.[fn:footnote]
   [fn:footnote] here is the footnote of the content.
   #+CAPTION: caption
   #+LABEL: fig:caption
   #+ATTR_LaTex: width=0.9\textwidth, placement=[ht]
   [[file:/img/img.jpg]]

After exporting to tex file, the image part will be replaced.

Keith

Keith wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a document containing total around 10 images and tables with the
> attribute setting "#+ATTR_LaTex: placement=[htb]". However, I notice
> that two of this images and tables are placed in the end of the pdf
> document where shouldn't be their place. At the beginning I thought it
> might be the floating mechanism in Tex system. Nevertheless, after
> trying lots of tuning in vain, I noticed the position of these image and
> table were shifted to the end of the file just before "\end{document}"
> and this causes the mistake of the position.
>
> Does anyone has idea about it?
>
> Keith

* Re: Re: Tables and Images are shifted to the end of document while exporting to tex file
@ 2010-03-29 10:20   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-29 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 27, 2010, at 4:35 PM, Keith wrote:

> I think I find where the bug is. I notice the images which are moved
> to the end of the document were placed just after the footnote
> syntax, say:
>
>  here is the content.[fn:footnote]
>  [fn:footnote] here is the footnote of the content.
>  #+CAPTION: caption
>  #+LABEL: fig:caption
>  #+ATTR_LaTex: width=0.9\textwidth, placement=[ht]
>  [[file:/img/img.jpg]]
>
> After exporting to tex file, the image part will be replaced.

Put the footnote inline, or put the footnote definition after the
figure, not before.  THe way you have written it, the figure is
considered part of the footnote paragraph.

- Carsten

> Keith
>
> Keith wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I have a document containing total around 10 images and tables with
>> the attribute setting "#+ATTR_LaTex: placement=[htb]". However, I
>> notice that two of this images and tables are placed in the end of
>> the pdf document where shouldn't be their place. At the beginning I
>> thought it might be the floating mechanism in Tex system.
>> Nevertheless, after trying lots of tuning in vain, I noticed the
>> position of these image and table were shifted to the end of the
>> file just before "\end{document}" and this causes the mistake of
>> the position.
>> Does anyone has idea about it?
>> Keith

- Carsten

* Re: Re: Tables and Images are shifted to the end of document while exporting to tex file
@ 2010-03-29 11:28   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-29 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 27, 2010, at 4:35 PM, Keith wrote:

> I think I find where the bug is. I notice the images which are moved
> to the end of the document were placed just after the footnote
> syntax, say:
>
> here is the content.[fn:footnote]
> [fn:footnote] here is the footnote of the content.
> #+CAPTION: caption
> #+LABEL: fig:caption
> #+ATTR_LaTex: width=0.9\textwidth, placement=[ht]
> [[file:/img/img.jpg]]
>
> After exporting to tex file, the image part will be replaced.

Put the footnote inline, or put the footnote definition after the
figure, not before.  THe way you have written it, the figure is
considered part of the footnote paragraph.

- Carsten

> Keith
>
> Keith wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I have a document containing total around 10 images and tables with
>> the attribute setting "#+ATTR_LaTex: placement=[htb]". However, I
>> notice that two of this images and tables are placed in the end of
>> the pdf document where shouldn't be their place. At the beginning I
>> thought it might be the floating mechanism in Tex system.
>> Nevertheless, after trying lots of tuning in vain, I noticed the
>> position of these image and table were shifted to the end of the
>> file just before "\end{document}" and this causes the mistake of
>> the position.
>> Does anyone has idea about it?
>> Keith

- Carsten