From: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To: Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it>
Cc: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>, emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Grouping clock report by tag?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:06:00 -0600	[thread overview]

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:11 AM, Giovanni Ridolfi
<giovanni.ridolfi@yahoo.it> wrote:
> John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Sorry -- forgot the list...

> The idea has been already suggested, with patches, but I think the patches
> got lost during the FSF copyright assignment

Somehow I missed this email!

> 1. by Adam Elliott, see:
>
>  On Feb 23, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Adam Elliott wrote:
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/22526

That looks like the behavior as-is (i.e. a :tags "tagname" option)

Oh, and perhaps the :tags option should be better documented in the
manual. I tried in vain to combine tags and only just now saw the
thread that looks like it inspired the :tags option. The mailing list
posts contains the syntax ("tag1-tag2", "tag1+tag2") but since there
is no example clocktable using the :tags option in the manual:
1) it took me a while even to figure out to put the word in quotations
2) I had no idea whatsoever if multiple tags were possible

> 2. And also by B Grobauer, with a huge patch
>   Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:24:44 +0200
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-06/msg00536.html

Now *this* looks like just what I was loooking for. Yes -- an option
to group by tag or even simply include a column which lists the tags.
I can do several tables, but for me this is more just to show where I
spend my time, not for billing... so it would be great to analyze the
ratios between my various "buckets" (for which I use tags to
identify).