* LaTeX classes for Resume Writing
@ 2010-09-28  7:38 Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2010-09-28  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Any recommendations (based on experience) for LaTeX Resume classes.

I am specifically looking for a LaTeX class where the templating is
taken care of by the class itself and the user has to merely fill in the
details from within an Orgmode file. Something similar to scrlttr2 and
isodoc for letter-writing so to speak.

If there is one, I can incorporate the support for same in my LaTeX
Generic class support work.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg01264.html

I would also find it personally useful.

Jambunathan K.

* Re: LaTeX classes for Resume Writing
@ 2010-09-28 14:30 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-09-28 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any recommendations (based on experience) for LaTeX Resume classes.
>
> I am specifically looking for a LaTeX class where the templating is
> taken care of by the class itself and the user has to merely fill in the
> details from within an Orgmode file. Something similar to scrlttr2 and
> isodoc for letter-writing so to speak.
>
> If there is one, I can incorporate the support for same in my LaTeX
> Generic class support work.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg01264.html
>
> I would also find it personally useful.

Did you check the TeX FAQ?

     http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html

Typing "resume" in the search box returned a few entries, including
"Curriculum Vitae (Résumé)". I'd start there.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: LaTeX classes for Resume Writing
@ 2010-09-28 15:05   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2010-09-28 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Any recommendations (based on experience) for LaTeX Resume classes.
>>
>> I am specifically looking for a LaTeX class where the templating is
>> taken care of by the class itself and the user has to merely fill in the
>> details from within an Orgmode file. Something similar to scrlttr2 and
>> isodoc for letter-writing so to speak.
>>
>> If there is one, I can incorporate the support for same in my LaTeX
>> Generic class support work.
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg01264.html
>>
>> I would also find it personally useful.
>>

> Did you check the TeX FAQ?
>
>      http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html
>
> Typing "resume" in the search box returned a few entries, including
> "Curriculum Vitae (Résumé)". I'd start there.

I looked at some sample TeX and Pdf files. I had a 'feeling' that 1)
either the formatting and content were inextricably intertwined or 2)
the pdf file was too bland. (1) means that orgifying the content would
be difficult.

I am on the lookout for something that I am happy with.

ps: I am new to LaTeX. That also limits the way I look at TeX files.

@ 2010-09-28 16:11     ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-09-28 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode