* Short title in beamer export
@ 2011-01-05 21:19 Chris Malone
       [not found] ` <5526A353-3403-4464-9FFE-D574F7347CF3@tsdye.com>
From: Chris Malone @ 2011-01-05 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there an org-mode way to use a short title for export to beamer?

Some of the beamer templates (or manual setting) show the title of the talk
in a footer or header, but the box-size is often too small.  To counter-act
this issue, the LaTeX \title command takes an optional short title, which is
what is actually displayed in the footer/header mentioned above.

For example, my presentation has a title

#+TITLE:     Multidimensional Simulations of Convection Preceding Type I
X-ray Bursts

which is way too long for the small space allocated to the title in the
footer/header.  It would be nice if, in org-mode, one could specify

#+TITLE:     Multidimensional Simulations of Convection Preceding Type I
X-ray Bursts
#+SHORT_TITLE: XRBs in Multi-d

which then is exported as

\title[XRBs in Multi-d]{Multidimensional Simulations of Convection Preceding
Type I X-ray Bursts}

Maybe this is already do-able through some other means within org-mode
without having to modify the .tex file?

Chris

* Re: Short title in beamer export
       [not found] ` <5526A353-3403-4464-9FFE-D574F7347CF3@tsdye.com>