* Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree
@ 2010-09-25 10:32 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-09-25 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.

I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree, containing only
the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into another document. I
thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can disable the headers - but
it does not seem to be working - am I missing something?

For a small example, see below. The resulting pdf is attached.

version: Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.514.g878d)

Thanks,

Rainer

###################################
* Table of Parameter

The parameters are as follow:
** The Table
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
:END:
| A | B |  C |
|---+---+----|
| 1 | 2 | 33 |
|   |   |    |
###################################

--
NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Cell:           +27 - (0)83 9479 042
Fax:            +27 - (0)86 516 2782
Fax:            +49 - (0)321 2125 2244
email:          Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:          RMkrug
Google:         R.M.Krug@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: table.pdf --]

* Re: Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree
@ 2010-09-25 14:05 ` Noorul Islam
From: Noorul Islam @ 2010-09-25 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.
> I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree, containing only
> the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into another document. I
> thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can disable the headers - but
> it does not seem to be working - am I missing something?
> For a small example, see below. The resulting pdf is attached.
> version: Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.514.g878d)
> Thanks,
> Rainer
>

> ###################################
> * Table of Parameter
> The parameters are as follow:
> ** The Table
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
> :END:
> | A | B |  C |
> |---+---+----|
> | 1 | 2 | 33 |
> |   |   |    |
> ###################################
> --

What are you expecting as output?

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree
@ 2010-09-25 14:15   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-09-25 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Noorul Islam <noorul@noorul.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.
> > I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree, containing
> only
> > the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into another
> document. I
> > thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can disable the headers -
> but
> > it does not seem to be working - am I missing something?
> > For a small example, see below. The resulting pdf is attached.
> > version: Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.514.g878d)
> > Thanks,
> > Rainer
> >

> > ###################################
> > * Table of Parameter
> > The parameters are as follow:
> > ** The Table
> > :PROPERTIES:
> > :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
> > :END:
> > | A | B |  C |
> > |---+---+----|
> > | 1 | 2 | 33 |
> > |   |   |    |
> > ###################################
> > --
>
> What are you expecting as output?

Well - As it says in the org manual in  12.2 Export options,
author:
turn on/off inclusion of author name/email into exported file

timestamp: turn on/off inclusion creation time into exported file
etc.

So I effectively expected that I don't have a header, no toc and no
timestamp. So effectively (what I would like to have) only the second page
(the table) of the pdf.

Rainer

--

@ 2010-09-25 14:16     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-09-25 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Noorul Islam <noorul@noorul.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> > I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.
>> > I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree, containing
>> only
>> > the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into another
>> document. I
>> > thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can disable the headers -
>> but
>> > it does not seem to be working - am I missing something?
>> > For a small example, see below. The resulting pdf is attached.
>> > version: Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.514.g878d)
>> > Thanks,
>> > Rainer
>> >

>> > ###################################
>> > * Table of Parameter
>> > The parameters are as follow:
>> > ** The Table
>> > :PROPERTIES:
>> > :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
>> > :END:
>> > | A | B |  C |
>> > |---+---+----|
>> > | 1 | 2 | 33 |
>> > |   |   |    |
>> > ###################################
>> > --
>>
>> What are you expecting as output?
>>

> Well - As it says in the org manual in  12.2 Export options,
> author:
> turn on/off inclusion of author name/email into exported file
>
> timestamp: turn on/off inclusion creation time into exported file
> etc.
>
> So I effectively expected that I don't have a header, no toc and no
> timestamp. So effectively (what I would like to have) only the second page
> (the table) of the pdf.

Should have read:
So effectively (what I would like to have) everything below "Contents", i.e.
only the table as a pdf.

--

@ 2010-09-27  0:03 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-09-27  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.
>
> I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree, containing
> only the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into another
> document. I thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can disable
> the headers - but it does not seem to be working - am I missing
> something?

I believe the relevant property is :EXPORT_OPTIONS:.

,----[ (info "(org) Export options") ]
`----

> ###################################
> * Table of Parameter
>
> The parameters are as follow:
> ** The Table
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
> :END:
> | A | B |  C |
> |---+---+----|
> | 1 | 2 | 33 |
> |   |   |    |
> ###################################

Is it correct that you are trying to disable author, table-of-contents,
etc.? If so, I believe these can be turned off with the nil option:

* Table of Parameter

The parameters are as follow:
** The Table
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
:EXPORT_OPTIONS: H:0 num:nil toc:nil author:nil timestamp:nil creator:nil
:END:
| A | B |  C |
|---+---+----|
| 1 | 2 | 33 |
|   |   |    |
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8----

Have you considered radio tables? It's a nice solution for including an
org-mode table in a LaTeX document.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree
@ 2010-09-28 14:08   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-09-28 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:

> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.
> >
> > I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree, containing
> > only the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into another
> > document. I thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can disable
> > the headers - but it does not seem to be working - am I missing
> > something?
>
> I believe the relevant property is :EXPORT_OPTIONS:.
>
> ,----[ (info "(org) Export options") ]
> |    When exporting only a single subtree by selecting it with `C-c @'
> | before calling an export command, the subtree can overrule some of the
> | file's export settings with properties `EXPORT_FILE_NAME',
> | `EXPORT_TITLE', `EXPORT_TEXT', `EXPORT_AUTHOR', `EXPORT_DATE', and
> | `EXPORT_OPTIONS'.
> `----
>
> > ###################################
> > * Table of Parameter
> >
> > The parameters are as follow:
> > ** The Table
> > :PROPERTIES:
> > :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
> > :END:
> > | A | B |  C |
> > |---+---+----|
> > | 1 | 2 | 33 |
> > |   |   |    |
> > ###################################
> >

> Is it correct that you are trying to disable author, table-of-contents,
> etc.? If so, I believe these can be turned off with the nil option:

> * Table of Parameter
>
> The parameters are as follow:
> ** The Table
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: table
> :EXPORT_OPTIONS: H:0 num:nil toc:nil author:nil timestamp:nil creator:nil
> :END:
> | A | B |  C |
> |---+---+----|
> | 1 | 2 | 33 |
> |   |   |    |
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8----
>
> Have you considered radio tables? It's a nice solution for including an
> org-mode table in a LaTeX document.

Yes - I looked into them, but I don't get them to work. Do you have an org
file with a radio table so that I can see it?

Actually, I don't think they would do what I want:  want to save the table
as LaTeX to a file and use it in a different program (LyX), so that I can
update the table while I am working on my simulation, and that when I open
LyX, I always have the up-to-date version for the paper I am writing.

Cheers,

Rainer

--

@ 2010-09-28 17:29     ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2010-09-28 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
>
>     Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > Hi
>     >
>     > I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.
>     >
>     > I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree,
>     containing
>     > only the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into
>     another
>     > document. I thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can
>     disable
>     > the headers - but it does not seem to be working - am I missing
>     > something?
>
>     I believe the relevant property is :EXPORT_OPTIONS:.

>     Have you considered radio tables? It's a nice solution for
>     including an
>     org-mode table in a LaTeX document.
>
> Yes - I looked into them, but I don't get them to work. Do you have an
> org file with a radio table so that I can see it?

There's a nice example in the manual:

(info "(org) A LaTeX example")

> Actually, I don't think they would do what I want:  want to save the
> table as LaTeX to a file and use it in a different program (LyX), so
> that I can update the table while I am working on my simulation, and
> that when I open LyX, I always have the up-to-date version for the
> paper I am writing.

Ah, then they wouldn't work in this scenario. Radio tables allow you to
use the minor mode orgtbl to edit org-mode tables within a commented
section of a source file (e.g., LaTeX, html) and then to place the
"exported" table at a target location within the same file.

It would, however, be very nice to be able to send the results or a
source code block (either executed code or exported org snippets) via
babel to a target in an external file.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree
@ 2010-09-29  8:47       ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-09-29  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode