* No title or date in LaTeX export
@ 2010-07-29 20:31 Xin Shi
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Xin Shi @ 2010-07-29 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Experts,

When I export the org file to LaTeX, I want no title or date in the first
page.  Namely, I want these lines to be commented out:

%\title{XXXXXX}
%\date{XXXXX}
%\maketitle

So far, I only found

%\author{XXXX}

I also tried :

# Local Variables:
# org-export-latex-title-command: " "
# End:

but still saw the \maketitle .

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Xin

* Re: No title or date in LaTeX export
@ 2010-07-29 20:52 ` Xin Shi
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Xin Shi @ 2010-07-29 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I found an answer for my question :)

#+TITLE:
#+AUTHOR:
#+DATE:

will do the work.

Xin

@ 2010-07-29 21:02 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-07-29 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Xin Shi <shixin111@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> When I export the org file to LaTeX, I want no title or date in the first page.  Namely, I want
> these lines to be commented out:
>
> %\title{XXXXXX}
> %\date{XXXXX}
> %\maketitle
>
> So far, I only found
>
> %\author{XXXX}
>
> I also tried :
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-export-latex-title-command: " "
> # End:
>
> but still saw the \maketitle .
>
> Any suggestions?

Try

#+BIND: org-export-latex-title-command ""

at the top of your org file. This should eliminate the \maketitle
invocation. \title, \date etc will still be defined but since only
\maketitle uses them, they won't affect the output.

I presume you'll also want to nuke the table of contents. If so,
add

at the top of the org file as well.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: No title or date in LaTeX export
@ 2010-07-29 21:05 ` Neil Hepburn
From: Neil Hepburn @ 2010-07-29 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xin

To get rid of this stuff, simply put the following at the top of your org file:

#+TITLE:
#+DATE:

alternatively you can use

#+TITLE:
#+AUTHOR:
#+DATE:

If you use the second option, your tex file will have
\title{}
\author{}
\date{}

but will not have the \maketitle command.

-Neil
(not an expert but an inquisitive user)

On 2010-07-29, at 2:31 PM, Xin Shi wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> When I export the org file to LaTeX, I want no title or date in the first page.  Namely, I want these lines to be commented out:
>
> %\title{XXXXXX}
> %\date{XXXXX}
> %\maketitle
>
> So far, I only found
>
> %\author{XXXX}
>
> I also tried :
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-export-latex-title-command: " "
> # End:
>
> but still saw the \maketitle .
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Xin

* Re: No title or date in LaTeX export
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-07-29 23:00 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-07-29 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

See this: http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg20692.html

Key line to add in your .org header section:

#+BIND: org-export-latex-title-command ""

When you do C-c C-e p the minibuffer will ask if you want to apply the
BIND code. Type yes and that should do it. It's been working for me in
eliminating the \maketitle line.

John

@ 2010-07-29 23:01   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-07-29 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)