* Generated images in buffer
@ 2010-11-28  7:04 Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2010-11-28  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm still feel quite a newbie to org-mode and I've been looking for a way to
include "dependent" images within the emacs buffer, but I still haven't
found it.

As an example, assume that I have manully created a diagram with ditaa code,
and once I am finishede diting  I'd like to press a keystroke e.g. Ctrl-C
Ctrl-C and have the contents change to the generated output image, and the
ditaa code will be hidden. When subsequently navigating to the image there
should be some indicator that this is a generated image and some keystroke
should allow turning the image back to its source code.

The same idea could be used for any system generating images, e.g. LaTeX
formulas, asymptote, a python script using cairo, etc.

Similarly if the source code is svg I might not want to display the source
code at all (which might be large), but would like to invoke inkscape to
edit the svg data. This is better done by referencing the svg as an external
image, instead of having it inline, but I would still like to easily invoke
an editor application from within emacs with a simple keystroke.

So is this currently possible?

Thanks,
Dov