* Applying inline styles to a section for exported HTML
@ 2010-10-16  1:40 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2010-10-16  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode ml

I'm aware we can define #+ATTR_HTML: for styling of divs containing
images and tables. Is there similar functionality for section divs?
Simply adding the required option below or above the section didn't do
the trick.

Since section divs aren't named semantically[1], I can't simply add a
class style to my CSS file. I basically want to turn a section in my
org file into a callout/sidebar box. Any ideas?

Best,
Jeff

[1] What I mean is, a section "* Word" is identified with an id and a
class of "section-1" or something similar if it is the first section
in a document. If it had an id of "word", I could simply a style for
that id in my style sheet.

--
Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics

(704) 271-4797
jhorn@gmu.edu
jrhorn424@gmail.com

http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: Applying inline styles to a section for exported HTML
@ 2010-10-16 16:45 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-10-16 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Org-mode ml

Jeff Horn <jrhorn424@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm aware we can define #+ATTR_HTML: for styling of divs containing
> images and tables. Is there similar functionality for section divs?
> Simply adding the required option below or above the section didn't do
> the trick.
>
> Since section divs aren't named semantically[1], I can't simply add a
> class style to my CSS file. I basically want to turn a section in my
> org file into a callout/sidebar box. Any ideas?
>
> Best,
> Jeff
>
> [1] What I mean is, a section "* Word" is identified with an id and a
> class of "section-1" or something similar if it is the first section
> in a document. If it had an id of "word", I could simply a style for
> that id in my style sheet.

Maybe custom IDs are your friends?

* A Word on Words
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: word
  :END:

  Content

You can add that property like this:

    C-c C-x p CU TAB

HTH

  Sebastian

* Re: Applying inline styles to a section for exported HTML
@ 2010-10-16 19:18   ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2010-10-16 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: Org-mode ml

> Maybe custom IDs are your friends?
>

> * A Word on Words
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :CUSTOM_ID: word
>  :END:
>
>  Content

Great idea, but something isn't working right. It catches and styles
the headline, but not the content.

Org text:
* Elsewhere
  :PROPERTIES:
  :CUSTOM_ID: elsewhere
  :END:
  You can find me elsewhere on the web.
  - [[http://www.facebook.com/jrhorn424][Facebook]]
  - [[http://www.twitter.com/jrhorn424][Twitter]]
  - [[http://www.flickr.com/people/jrhorn/][Flickr]]
  - [[http://pinboard.in/u:jrhorn424][Pinboard]]

CSS style in linked file:
#elsewhere {float:right; width:20%; margin: 0px 15px 5px 15px;
padding:15px; background: #eee; border: 3px dashed;}

Have I done something incorrectly?

Jeff

--

@ 2010-10-17  5:47     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-17  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Org-mode ml

On Oct 16, 2010, at 9:18 PM, Jeff Horn wrote:

>> Maybe custom IDs are your friends?
>>

>> * A Word on Words
>>  :PROPERTIES:
>>  :CUSTOM_ID: word
>>  :END:
>>
>>  Content
>>

> Great idea, but something isn't working right. It catches and styles
> the headline, but not the content.
>
> Org text:
> * Elsewhere
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :CUSTOM_ID: elsewhere
>  :END:
>  You can find me elsewhere on the web.
>  - [[http://www.facebook.com/jrhorn424][Facebook]]
>  - [[http://www.twitter.com/jrhorn424][Twitter]]
>  - [[http://www.flickr.com/people/jrhorn/][Flickr]]
>  - [[http://pinboard.in/u:jrhorn424][Pinboard]]
>
> CSS style in linked file:
> #elsewhere {float:right; width:20%; margin: 0px 15px 5px 15px;
> padding:15px; background: #eee; border: 3px dashed;}
>
> Have I done something incorrectly?

For styling the entire subtree, use a property :HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS:

- Carsten

* Re: Applying inline styles to a section for exported HTML
@ 2010-10-17 22:46       ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2010-10-17 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Org-mode ml

Worked like a charm. Thanks for this!