* Passing options for latex table export
@ 2010-05-22 18:15 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-05-22 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm writing a report and would like to pass something like the
\begin{sidewaystable} or \begin{rotate}{90} option but it's not going so
hot. I tried putting

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\begin{sidewaystable}
#+END_LaTeX

|table|goes|here|

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\end{sidewaystable}
#+END_LaTeX

That didn't work.

The manual discusses passing options to override the default
orgtbl-to-generic which seemed possible; perhaps some way of altering the
line:

:tstart (concat "\\begin{tabular}{" alignment "}")

Maybe getting \\begin{sidewaystable} in there somehow before
\\begin{tabular}...

Is there a recommended way to pass various table options? I've wondered the
same for getting vertical lines in between columns but not come up with
anything for org-mode, just exporting and then doctoring up the generated
.tex file afterwards, which is cumbersome since every .org file change
requires an export and then another editing of selected sections in the .tex
file.

I'm sure there's a way, I just haven't found it...

Thanks!
John