* How to align tag to the right margin
@ 2010-12-07  7:59 Chao LU
From: Chao LU @ 2010-12-07  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Got another question, as titled, how to align tag to the right margin? My
org tag look like below:

*|**** blablabalblablab
:Book:Doc:EBook:STAR5:                    *|*

---------------------

---------------------------->There's some blank between the tags and the
right boundary of Emacs.

Thanks in advance.

Chao

* Re: How to align tag to the right margin
@ 2010-12-07 15:24 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-12-07 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao LU; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Chao LU <loochao@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> Got another question, as titled, how to align tag to the right
> margin? My org tag look like below:

check out the variable =org-tags-column= (C-h v org-tags-column RET).
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.221.gb3e16)

* Re: How to align tag to the right margin
@ 2010-12-07 20:48   ` Chao LU
From: Chao LU @ 2010-12-07 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

Yes, it works, by (setq org-tags-column 90). But new question arise, it does
not apply to the tags which have already been there (only new tags after the
modification of the alignment number), so how could I get all the tags
updated?

Thanks and best,

Chao

@ 2010-12-07 20:59     ` Martin Pohlack
From: Martin Pohlack @ 2010-12-07 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao LU, org-mode

On 07.12.2010 21:48, Chao LU wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Yes, it works, by (setq org-tags-column 90). But new question arise, it does
> not apply to the tags which have already been there (only new tags after the
> modification of the alignment number), so how could I get all the tags
> updated?

org-align-all-tags, should be bound to c-u c-u c-c c-c.

HTH,
Martin

* Re: How to align tag to the right margin
@ 2010-12-07 22:19       ` Rodney Price
From: Rodney Price @ 2010-12-07 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

C-u C-c C-q works for me.

I switch between machines with different monitors, and I find that in
the agenda view, the tags can intrude on the headline space.  That is,
an entry I make on one machine puts the tag in a different place than an
entry I make on another machine.  The following snippet lines up the
tags in the agenda view.

;; Place tags close to the right-hand side of the window
(add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook 'place-agenda-tags)
(defun place-agenda-tags ()
  "Put the agenda tags by the right border of the agenda window."
  (setq org-agenda-tags-column (- 4 (window-width)))
  (org-agenda-align-tags))

-Rod