* [Babel] The first line of the code blocks disappears in the tangled file
@ 2010-12-08 12:46 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-12-08 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

#+TITLE:     Isodoc letter (to be tangled to LaTeX file)
#+DATE:      2010-12-08
#+LANGUAGE:  fr_FR

Right now, this letter *must be tangled* and post-processed via =PDFLaTeX=. It
can't be exported directly to PDF/HTML (=args out of range= error).

The problem I'm reporting here is visible *in the tangled file* (TeX). So, to
reproduce it, just do =C-c C-v C-t= on this file, and look at the tangled one.

#+begin_src csv :tangle addresses.csv
FirstName,LastName,Address,PostCode,Town
Anybody,Kind Enough,to look,at,this
#+end_src

* Subject
#+srcname: subject
#+begin_src org :results latex
This is my subject line
#+end_src

* Opening
#+srcname: opening
#+begin_src org :results latex
Dear,
#+end_src

* Body
#+srcname: body
#+begin_src org :results latex
This example was working for me in the past but is having problems now (at
least, on my new Windows machine -- after the Ubuntu one died): the first line
of every block of text is simply eaten when being tangled.

The second paragraph does not exhibit any particular trouble, so it really is
the first line of every code block. Notice, *in the TeX tangled file*, that:

- the one-liner subject becomes void
- the one-liner opening becomes void
- the body looses its first line
- the one-liner closing becomes void
#+end_src

* Closing
#+srcname: closing
#+begin_src org :results latex
Can you reproduce this?
#+end_src

* Letter composition
#+begin_src latex :noweb yes :tangle yes
\documentclass[11pt]{isodoc}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{datatool}
\DTLloaddb{addresses}{addresses.csv}

\usepackage[scorpios]{isodoc-style}

\setupdocument{
    subject = {%
      <<subject()>>},
    opening = {%
      <<opening()>>},
    closing = {%
      <<closing()>>}
}

\begin{document}
\DTLforeach{addresses}{%
  \firstname=FirstName,%
  \lastname=LastName,%
  \addressi=Address,%
  \postcode=PostCode,%
  \town=Town%
}{%
\letter[to={\firstname~\lastname\\\addressi\\\postcode~\town}]{%
<<body()>>
}}
\end{document}
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: [Babel] The first line of the code blocks disappears in the tangled file
@ 2010-12-08 14:24 ` Chris Malone
From: Chris Malone @ 2010-12-08 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Seb,

I can't say that I understand the problem, but I can reproduce it - any line
right after the #+begin_src org :results latex is being stripped upon
tangle.  Not sure if it helps or not, but I'm using org-mode version 7.3
=release_7.3.89.g97f4c.dirty= with emacs 22.2.1.

Chris

@ 2010-12-13 20:23   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-12-13 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Malone; +Cc: Sébastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

I am able to reproduce this error when evaluating a latex code block, so
for example

#+begin_src org :results latex :results replace
  ,- eric
  ,- schulte
#+end_src

#+results:
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\begin{itemize}
\item schulte
\end{itemize}
#+END_LaTeX

This is due to the fact that org mode code blocks in the presence of
":results latex" or ":results html" will actually convert their contents
to the requested language using Org-mode's export mechanism.  I believe
that in this case the latex exporter wants the first line of the code
block to be used as a title.  I've just pushed up a patch which pads the
first line of org-mode code blocks with an empty title during latex
export.

Best -- Eric

@ 2010-12-16 13:05     ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-12-16 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> This is due to the fact that org mode code blocks in the presence of
> ":results latex" or ":results html" will actually convert their contents to
> the requested language using Org-mode's export mechanism. I believe that in
> this case the latex exporter wants the first line of the code block to be
> used as a title. I've just pushed up a patch which pads the first line of
> org-mode code blocks with an empty title during latex export.

TESTED -> FIXED -> CLOSED

Thanks!

Best regards,
  Seb