* [org-beamer] Question: How to insert different background images on different frames
@ 2011-01-06 21:48 Sunny Srivastava
From: Sunny Srivastava @ 2011-01-06 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Org-mode users:

I am still a beginner with org-mode and I am trying to make my first beamer
presentation using org-mode exclusively. I had my moments of enlightenment
but at the moment I am stuck, please bear with me if my question is very
basic.

I want to include different background images for different frames. The
beamer solution is to use \usebackgroundtemplate.

Let's say I want to insert the image on the 2nd frame, I would write the
latex code as follows:

\end{frame}   %% frame 1 ends

% Now we install the new template for the following frames:

\usebackgroundtemplate{

 \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_background_image.png}
}

\begin{frame} %% frame 2 begins

%% This frame will have my_background_image as the background image.

\end{frame}

% Now we install another template, effective from now on, we will use a
different background image
\usebackgroundtemplate{

 \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_different_image.png}
}

\begin{frame}

%% This frame will have my_different_image as the background image.

\end{frame}

For no image we can simply use \usebackgroundtemplate{}.

Currently I tried to replicate this in org by doing something like this

* frame 1
  - item1
  - item2

#+begin_latex
\usebackgroundtemplate{

 \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{my_background_image.png}
}
#+begin_latex

* frame 2

This inserts the latex statement before \end{frame} (as expected). Is there
a way to get the statement after \end{frame} in the exported .tex file? It
would be even better if I can avoid using latex and let org handle this.

I am sorry for such a basic query.

Thanks in advance for any pointers of help. Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
S.

* Re: [org-beamer] Question: How to insert different background images on different frames
@ 2011-01-06 23:27 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-01-06 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not sure what to say. I tried several placements and still wound up with the
.tex file placing the second background declaration in an ineffective
location (either inside the second frame environment or before the first
frame's end). Maybe manually editing the .tex file directly is the best
approach?

Best regards,
John

@ 2011-01-07  1:06   ` Sunny Srivastava