* orgmode and ledger
@ 2014-10-31  4:17 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2014-10-31  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have started using ledger with Org, and would be interested in knowing experiences of other users.

I see two sets of uses n combining Ledger with Org.

1. Record keeping of transactions: Org works with ledger mainly through babel. Has anyone considered the possibility of maintaining the records natively in Org, which could be exported to ledger? Keeping native ledger source blocks in Org does not seem to add much value as far as maintaining books is concerned. What has been the experience of other users?

2. Generating reports: Babel results do not use the standard Org table syntax. Given my limited knowledge of lisp, I am finding it difficult to programme customising these reports in Org. It would be of much benefit if other users could share how they customise ledger reports in Org. Some examples would be great.

Vikas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-10-31 15:17 UTC | newest]