* Problem with icalendar export: all items with active timestamps are being exported
@ 2009-10-28 14:49 Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-10-28 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I'm trying to get a sane export to my google calendar from org mode
and so I'm playing with org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files

Here the (hopefully relevant) subset of my settings:

 '(org-combined-agenda-icalendar-file "~/git/Org/home/org.ics")
 '(org-icalendar-categories (quote (all-tags category todo-state)))
 '(org-icalendar-include-body 1000)
 '(org-icalendar-include-sexps nil)
 '(org-icalendar-include-todo nil)
 '(org-icalendar-store-UID t)
 '(org-icalendar-timezone "Europe/Berlin")
 '(org-icalendar-use-deadline (quote (event-if-not-todo
 event-if-todo)))
 '(org-icalendar-use-scheduled (quote (event-if-not-todo
 event-if-todo)))

Thing is, I'd like to get *only* scheduled or deadlined TODO items in
my ics file, and I'd expect that setting (org-icalendar-include-todo
nil) would export no other todo items.

Unfortunately *every* item that has an active timestamp will be
exported this way, even if it's not SCHEDULED: or DEADLINE:.

Maybe I misunderstand the docs, but it looks like the check for (when
org-icalendar-include-todo ...) in org-icalendar.le won't ever be
relvant at all. (And the indentation of the when block is wrong, at
least in my git checkout from today (I just refreshed it, to make
sure).)

Any idea?
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)

* Re: Problem with icalendar export: all items with active timestamps are being exported
@ 2009-10-28 15:23 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-28 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Friedrich,

you don't want normal time stamps in your agenda as events???  Well,
this is an unusual idea.

Well, pull from git and the say

(setq org-icalendar-use-plain-timestamp nil)

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-10-28 16:35   ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-10-28 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey, that was quick! Thanks! ;)

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> you don't want normal time stamps in your agenda as events???  Well,
> this is an unusual idea.

The reason I want this, is that I use SCHEDULED timestamps as my calendar items
(i.e. the "hard landscape" for my day) and normal active timestamps as tickler items
which can also be done on a different day.

And I then export the iCal file to google calendar and view those entries on my phone,
so I only want to see the hard landscape there, in order to decide appointments.

I hear some people use exactly the opposite semantics for SCHEDULED and plain
timestamps, but I find this more logical.

--

@ 2009-10-28 17:00     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-28 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:35 PM, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:

> Hey, that was quick! Thanks! ;)

So it works?

> Carsten Dominik schrieb:
>> you don't want normal time stamps in your agenda as events???  Well,
>> this is an unusual idea.
>
> The reason I want this, is that I use SCHEDULED timestamps as my
> calendar items
> (i.e. the "hard landscape" for my day) and normal active timestamps
> as tickler items
> which can also be done on a different day.
>
> And I then export the iCal file to google calendar and view those
> entries on my phone,
> so I only want to see the hard landscape there, in order to decide
> appointments.
>
> I hear some people use exactly the opposite semantics for SCHEDULED
> and plain
> timestamps, but I find this more logical.

Well, I can see both sides.

- Carsten

* Re: Problem with icalendar export: all items with active timestamps are being exported
@ 2009-10-28 20:26       ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-10-28 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)