* agenda with only deadlines?
@ 2009-10-20  1:28 Michael Gilbert
From: Michael Gilbert @ 2009-10-20  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi --

I'm still struggling with this one: My main agenda view has both
scheduled and deadlined items, but I'm interested in creating a custom
view that shows only items who have a deadline of today or past due.
This isn't working for me:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("d" "Due today" agenda ""
	 ((org-deadline-warning-days 0)
	  (org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-deadline-is-shown t)
	  (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notdeadline))))
         ))

This one shows all sorts if items that have deadlines in the future,
displaying them as scheduled. Yes, many items item have both
timestamps. Suggestions?

TIA!

-- Michael

P.S. Also, the documentation often lists various settings as
"examples". I am not an experienced emacs user, so I am curious... how
do I go about finding comprehensive lists of settings for various
contexts?

* Re: agenda with only deadlines?
@ 2009-10-22 12:21 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-22 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Michael,

What about just creating a single day view?  Like

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
     '(("d" "Due today" agenda ""
	 ((org-deadline-warning-days 0)
	  (org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-deadline-is-shown t)
           (org-agenda-ndays 1)
	  (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notdeadline))))
        ))

Or did you mean that you have them scheduled for today or earlier -
then they should of course show up today.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding the question....?

- Carsten

On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:28 AM, Michael Gilbert wrote:

> Hi --
>
> I'm still struggling with this one: My main agenda view has both
> scheduled and deadlined items, but I'm interested in creating a
> custom view that shows only items who have a deadline of today or
> past due. This isn't working for me:
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>     '(("d" "Due today" agenda ""
> 	 ((org-deadline-warning-days 0)
> 	  (org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-deadline-is-shown t)
> 	  (org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if
> 'notdeadline))))
>        ))
>
> This one shows all sorts if items that have deadlines in the future,
> displaying them as scheduled. Yes, many items item have both
> timestamps. Suggestions?
>

> TIA!
>

> -- Michael
>
> P.S. Also, the documentation often lists various settings as
> "examples". I am not an experienced emacs user, so I am curious...
> how do I go about finding comprehensive lists of settings for
> various contexts?

- Carsten