* automatic linking is broken
@ 2006-04-05 11:26 Thomas Baumann
From: Thomas Baumann @ 2006-04-05 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

there is something wrong with automatic links.

After linking eg. to a bbdb-record I get two lines in the org-buffer

bbdb:Thomas Baumann
bbdb:Thomas Baumann

(notice the missing brackets in text mode)

Same is true for files, mhe-links, ....

** <> links containing space characters no longer work
   These need to be converted to [ [ ] ] links.

This affects almost _all_ bbdb links and most of the file links. This is
kind of a situation where I would prefer an automatic conversion to the
new link format, not something I have to trigger (of course I'd like to
be asked "do you want to convert this file...").

Thomas

* Re: automatic linking is broken
@ 2006-04-05 12:26 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-04-05 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.baumann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 5, 2006, at 13:26, Thomas Baumann wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> there is something wrong with automatic links.
>
> After linking eg. to a bbdb-record I get two lines in the org-buffer
>
> bbdb:Thomas Baumann
> bbdb:Thomas Baumann
>
> (notice the missing brackets in text mode)
>
> Same is true for files, mhe-links, ....

Yes, there is a stupid bug there (incorrect interpretation of the value
of variable org-link-style). I will upload a fix a.s.a.p.

> ** <> links containing space characters no longer work
>    These need to be converted to [ [ ] ] links.
>
> This affects almost _all_ bbdb links and most of the file links. This
> is
> kind of a situation where I would prefer an automatic conversion to the
> new link format, not something I have to trigger (of course I'd like to
> be asked "do you want to convert this file...").

Yes, I could do that, but it would require a regexp search each time
any file is loaded into Emacs and put under org-mode.  Plus the problem
that there is no way of telling if a file has already been converted,
or if the user said no to conversion....

Hmmmm.  Maybe I need to somehow keep those old links working....

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam