* FR: A configuration option for the behavior of `org-fit-agenda-window'
@ 2007-10-10  0:00 John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2007-10-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I switch to a daily agenda view, I like to know that what I'm seeing is
everything there is to see.  The current definition of org-fit-agenda-window
sets a maximum height for the agenda view to 3/4 the frame height.  This
always leaves me wondering if maybe there's one more task, just beyond the
bottom of the window.  I recommend the following customization variable:

  (defvar org-fit-whole-agenda-window nil)

  (defun org-fit-agenda-window ()
    "Fit the window to the buffer size."
    (and (memq org-agenda-window-setup '(reorganize-frame))
         (fboundp 'fit-window-to-buffer)
         (if org-fit-agenda-window
             (fit-window-to-buffer)
           (fit-window-to-buffer nil (/ (* (frame-height) 3) 4)
                                 (/ (frame-height) 2)))))

John

* Re: FR: A configuration option for the behavior of `org-fit-agenda-window'
@ 2007-10-10  7:07 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-10  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiegley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Oct 10, 2007, at 2:00, John Wiegley wrote:

> When I switch to a daily agenda view, I like to know that what I'm
> seeing is
> everything there is to see.  The current definition of
> org-fit-agenda-window
> sets a maximum height for the agenda view to 3/4 the frame height.
> This
> always leaves me wondering if maybe there's one more task, just beyond
> the
> bottom of the window.  I recommend the following customization
> variable:
>
>   (defvar org-fit-whole-agenda-window nil)
>
>   (defun org-fit-agenda-window ()
>     "Fit the window to the buffer size."
>     (and (memq org-agenda-window-setup '(reorganize-frame))
>          (fboundp 'fit-window-to-buffer)
>          (if org-fit-agenda-window
>              (fit-window-to-buffer)
>            (fit-window-to-buffer nil (/ (* (frame-height) 3) 4)
>                                  (/ (frame-height) 2)))))

I guess we can also get rid of the limitations completely and just
call `fit-window-to-buffer'.

- Carsten