* Inconsistency in pull down menu
@ 2007-01-10  9:57 Uwe Jochum
From: Uwe Jochum @ 2007-01-10  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten,

you changed the procedure for archiving from "C-c $" to "C-c C-x
C-s". But the pull down menu in my Emacs (Org --> Archive) still has the
text "Move subtree to Archive (C-c $)". Not very relevant, only a little
cosmetics.

Schöne Grüße,

Uwe

* Re: Inconsistency in pull down menu
@ 2007-01-11 16:51 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-01-11 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Jochum; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes, I see this too.

The reason is that I still have the old binding for people who do
not use flyspell, and the menu has its own rules about which key
to show.  A way to fix this is to actually *remove* the C-c $ binding.
Should I do this?

- Carsten

On Jan 10, 2007, at 10:57, Uwe Jochum wrote:

> Carsten,
>
> you changed the procedure for archiving from "C-c $" to "C-c C-x
> C-s". But the pull down menu in my Emacs (Org --> Archive) still has
> the
> text "Move subtree to Archive (C-c $)". Not very relevant, only a
> little
> cosmetics.
>
> Schöne Grüße,
>
> Uwe

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Inconsistency in pull down menu
@ 2007-01-11 17:21   ` Pete Phillips
From: Pete Phillips @ 2007-01-11 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Uwe Jochum, emacs-orgmode

    Carsten> Yes, I see this too.  The reason is that I still have the
    Carsten> old binding for people who do not use flyspell, and the
    Carsten> menu has its own rules about which key to show.  A way to
    Carsten> fix this is to actually *remove* the C-c $ binding.  Should
    Carsten> I do this?

Nooooo...   please don't. I don't use flyspell anymore, and the C-c $ is
something I have become used to.

Pete

* Re: Inconsistency in pull down menu
@ 2007-01-11 17:45     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-01-11 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pete Phillips; +Cc: Uwe Jochum, emacs-orgmode

OK, with votes 2:0, it stays :-)

- Carsten

--

@ 2007-01-12  0:50       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-12  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Carsten Dominik (2007-01-11 18:45 +0100) said:
> OK, with votes 2:0, it stays :-)

That still is not an optimal solution. Flyspell and org go together
naturally so the issue is going to annoy beginners.

How about making either org or flyspell change to C-$? Preferably
flyspell.

* Re: Re: Inconsistency in pull down menu
@ 2007-01-12 12:40         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-01-12 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> * Carsten Dominik (2007-01-11 18:45 +0100) said:
>> OK, with votes 2:0, it stays :-)
>
> That still is not an optimal solution. Flyspell and org go together
> naturally so the issue is going to annoy beginners.

I do agree.  It seems to me that it's worth requiring actual users to
switch from C-c $ to C-c C-x C-s, because this cost is lower than the
cost of putting (many) potential users in potential trouble when they
use both org-mode and flyspell-mode.

Or maybe just wait untill you get more than 2 votes ? :)

--
Bastien

* Re: Re: Inconsistency in pull down menu
@ 2007-01-15 21:36           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-01-15 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I have figured out a way to make the menu show C-c C-x C-s while
I still bind also `C-c $'.  Disadvantage is that if a user uses his/her
own binding (for example `C-c a', set in a mode hook), this new binding
will not show up in the menu as the `C-c C-x C-s' is now hard-coded
instead
of computed dynamically.  Still, this might be the best solution,
so this is what it will be from now on, until someone comes up
with something better.

- Carsten