* Has VISIBILITY property become case-sensitive?
@ 2024-04-04 18:54 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2024-04-04 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

My org file has the header line

#+STARTUP: overview

One section contains the properties drawer

:PROPERTIES:
:Visibility: content
:END:

This used to show the contents of that subtree on first loading the file, but it no longer does. Experimentation shows that it works if I change “Visibility” to “VISIBILITY”. Is it a deliberate change to require upper case here? By the way, this is using org version 9.7pre

Best,

Richard Stanton

* Re: Has VISIBILITY property become case-sensitive?
@ 2024-04-04 19:34 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-04-04 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stanton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Richard Stanton <rhstanton@berkeley.edu> writes:

> My org file has the header line
>
> #+STARTUP: overview
>
> One section contains the properties drawer
>
> :PROPERTIES:
> :Visibility: content
> :END:
>
> This used to show the contents of that subtree on first loading the file, but it no longer does. Experimentation shows that it works if I change “Visibility” to “VISIBILITY”. Is it a deliberate change to require upper case here? By the way, this is using org version 9.7pre

I am unable to reproduce.
Please provide more details, preferably starting from emacs -Q.
See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Has VISIBILITY property become case-sensitive?
@ 2024-04-04 19:42   ` Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2024-04-04 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Here’ s a very simple org file that exhibits the behavior I describe

-----------------

#+STARTUP: overview

* Hidden
- This should not initially appear
- Nor this

* Visible
:PROPERTIES:
:VISIBILITY: content
:END:
- This should appear
- And this

———————

Change the case of the word “VISIBILILTY” and the file's behavior on first loading changes.

When I load this file using emacs -Q (which loads org 9.6.15), both sections appear folded regardless of the case of “visibility”…! Is there some configuration variable I need to set?

@ 2024-04-04 20:13     ` Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2024-04-04 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode