* Interaction problem with org-protocol.el
@ 2009-07-20 16:02 Keith Lancaster
From: Keith Lancaster @ 2009-07-20 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

There seems to be an interaction issue with org-protocol. I discovered
that my remember throws a "wrong type argument: listp, 5" if I have
org-protocol included. Removing it fixes the problem.

The debugger gives this -
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp 5)
   org-current-time()
   org-remember-apply-template()
   run-hooks(remember-mode-hook)
   remember-mode()
   remember(nil)
   org-do-remember()
   org-remember(nil)
   call-interactively(org-remember)

I'm new to emacs, so I have no clue what is happening, but perhaps
someone can see if this is a real issue. I'm on OS X Leopard with
Carbon emacs 22.3.1.

Keith Lancaster
klancaster1957@mac.com

* Re: Interaction problem with org-protocol.el
@ 2009-07-20 16:37 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-07-20 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keith Lancaster; +Cc: Org Mode List

Keith Lancaster <klancaster1957@mac.com> wrote:

> There seems to be an interaction issue with org-protocol. I discovered
> that my remember throws a "wrong type argument: listp, 5" if I have
> org-protocol included. Removing it fixes the problem.
>
> The debugger gives this -
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp 5)
>    org-current-time()
>    org-remember-apply-template()
>    run-hooks(remember-mode-hook)
>    remember-mode()
>    remember(nil)
>    org-do-remember()
>    org-remember(nil)
>    call-interactively(org-remember)
>
> I'm new to emacs, so I have no clue what is happening, but perhaps
> someone can see if this is a real issue. I'm on OS X Leopard with
> Carbon emacs 22.3.1.

This problem came up recently: the problem almost certainly is that
org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes is set to be 5, but it should be a list
of two numbers instead: (0 5) is the current default.  See the thread

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15522

for more details.

However, the interaction with org-protocol does not make any sense to
me. What do you mean by "...if I have org-protocol included"?  Do you
mean you just (require 'org-protocol) and you see the problem and if you
don't do the require, you don't see it?  And what versions of
emacs/org-mode are you running? I know you are running Aquamacs, but I
don't know on what emacs version that is based.

Thanks,
Nick