* setting date for org -> latex exporter
@ 2009-08-31 21:02 John Rakestraw
From: John Rakestraw @ 2009-08-31 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode Org-Mode

Hi --

I'm learning more about exporting from org-mode to latex, but I've run
into a wall. I suspect there's a simple fix, but I can't find it.

I'm setting the documentclass as 'article' (using #+LATEX_CLASS:
article). I see in org-latex.el how the exporter builds the topmatter.
I'd like to do something different with the date in the topmatter.
Here's what it does now (as shown in the tex file):

\title{Here's the title}
\author{John Rakestraw}
\date{31 August 2009}

I'd like it either not to have a date at all, or to have "Fall 2009"
instead of today's date. I've tried setting the date in the org file
using "#+LATEX_HEADER: \date{Fall 2009}" and "#+LATEX_HEADER: \date{}".
But these don't change anything. (Actually, these insertions generate
the lines I expect in the tex file, but in each case it's overruled by
the line inserted by the routine in org-latex.el that inserts the
topmatter.)

I found these lines (978ff) in org-latex.el:

     ;; insert the date
     (format "\\date{%s}\n"
	     (format-time-string
	      (or (plist-get opt-plist :date)
		  org-export-latex-date-format)))

This seems to imply that I can set a date option. How do I do that?

(I can get no date by commenting out these lines in org-latex.el, but
that seems a clumsy solution.)

Thanks.

--
John Rakestraw

* Re: setting date for org -> latex exporter
@ 2009-08-31 21:14 ` Ed Hirgelt
From: Ed Hirgelt @ 2009-08-31 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Rakestraw; +Cc: org-mode Org-Mode

On Aug 31, 2009, at 2:02 PM, John Rakestraw wrote:

> I'd like it either not to have a date at all, or to have "Fall 2009"
> instead of today's date.

#+Date: Fall 2009

will take care of it.

Ed