* Add a space with M-left/right
@ 2006-12-13 16:37 Scott Jaderholm
From: Scott Jaderholm @ 2006-12-13 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It is nice that M-RET adds a space after the last * so that you can start
typing right away. If I M-left/right the headline though before I have typed
anything then that charity space is eliminated, and I often find myself
accidently typing ***Something like this instead of *** This. Can we make it
so M-left/right preserves the space?

Thanks.
Scott

* Re: Add a space with M-left/right
@ 2006-12-14 16:31 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-12-14 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Jaderholm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Dec 13, 2006, at 17:37, Scott Jaderholm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is nice that M-RET adds a space after the last * so that you can
> start typing right away. If I M-left/right the headline though before
> I have typed anything then that charity space is eliminated, and I
> often find myself accidently typing ***Something like this instead of
> *** This. Can we make it so M-left/right preserves the space?

This is only a problem at the end of the buffer, I think.
For this case I have now fixed it, will be in 4.60.
If you also see that problem in the middle of the buffer,
let me know and we will dig deeper.

- Carsten

* Re: Add a space with M-left/right
@ 2006-12-16 20:03   ` Scott Jaderholm
From: Scott Jaderholm @ 2006-12-16 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten,
I definitely have this problem in the middle of the buffer with 4.59.
Console mode.

Thanks,
Scott

@ 2006-12-17 17:02     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-12-17 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Jaderholm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK, next try:

I can reproduce this is a headline that contains only ***, bit no TODO
keyword.
If there is a TODO keyword, the space is preserved.

I am also fixing this.....

- Carsten

On Dec 16, 2006, at 21:03, Scott Jaderholm wrote:

> Carsten,
> I definitely have this problem in the middle of the buffer with 4.59.
> Console mode.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> On 12/14/06, Carsten Dominik < carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  On Dec 13, 2006, at 17:37, Scott Jaderholm wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > It is nice that M-RET adds a space after the last * so that you can
>> > start typing right away. If I M-left/right the headline though
>> before
>> > I have typed anything then that charity space is eliminated, and I
>> > often find myself accidently typing ***Something like this instead
>> of
>> > *** This. Can we make it so M-left/right preserves the space?
>>
>> This is only a problem at the end of the buffer, I think.
>> For this case I have now fixed it, will be in 4.60.
>> If you also see that problem in the middle of the buffer,
>> let me know and we will dig deeper.
>>
>> - Carsten

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam