* Suggestion about org-num
@ 2022-02-06 12:45 Ypo
From: Ypo @ 2022-02-06 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

I am not sure if this is the proper place to make this suggestion, and I
know you are working hard, but there is a thing about /org-num-mode/
that I miss since day 1.

To be a better asset in reading or studying directly from org-mode, I
think it could be a good addition the numbered headlines to be
positively determined. Now they can just be excluded (UNNUMBERED or
skipped), one by one.

For example, it would be helpful to use a PROPERTY like "*NUMBERED*"
that would make /org-num-mode/ to affect just to the desired headlines
and sub-headlines (inheritance is a good thing). Or if there is a
*narrowed headline* to get numbered just what is on the screen.

Problem: Now when I read some of my notes, I get things like this:

/22.81.12.1./ Where just the /12.1/ would be useful to the reading
(chapter 12, point 1), since the 22.81 is from unrelated notes to the
studying.

This happens too with book notes: the numbering of the headlines could
even be the same than the numbering of the chapters of the book.

Best regards,
Ypo