* An advice about stirng width in unicode
@ 2009-02-10  6:42 goodmenlinux
From: goodmenlinux @ 2009-02-10  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
    Org-mode is a great package! It is so great!!

    Here is my situation:
    I'm a Chinese. I use different font to display Chinese character
    and English characters. The table can not align correctly when
    there are Chinese character in it. I had check the table in detail,
    and found that you supposed that a Chinese char has double width
    of the english. But it is not true for _all_ chinese font.

    Would you please fix these ?  I don't want to use a single font
    in my emacs environment.

* Re: An advice about stirng width in unicode
@ 2009-02-10 11:11 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-10 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

the table editor works fine if each Chinese character is an integer
number of ASCII characters wide.  So you need to find a Chinese font
that does have this property.  No chance that  will ever make this
work for fonts that do not have this property.

- Carsten

Matt, this is another FAQ... :-)