* how to get all entries with filled fields in csv?
@ 2007-05-31 12:49 Ruslan Kosolapov
From: Ruslan Kosolapov @ 2007-05-31 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I want to get ALL entries from my org-file as csv (I want to parse it
and create some things like Gantt chart etc).

(org-batch-agenda-csv "a") give me:
IncOfPfW,WWW - certificates 4h,upcoming-deadline,NEW,sveta,2007-6-26,,In  26 d.:,B,984

I.e. all fields filled well.

But there are only agenda on current week, and there are no DONE
items.  Anyway, I need very custom views, and week agenda can solve my
problem only if will contain all todo keywords (DONE too) and will be
created for custom date interval (now I need current year,
i.e. "2007-01-01 - 2008-01-01").  As far as I understand, now such
ability is absent.

(org-batch-agenda-csv "t") returns me all TODOs, but without deadline
(and without DONE items):
IncOfPfW,WWW - certificates 4h,todo,NEW,sveta,,,,B,1001

Is there any way to get deadlines (and schedule time too) in
custom-agenda-commands view?

Or maybe there are other way to get all entries in parseable format?

--
Ruslan Kosolapov
Plesk QA Department Second Manager

* Re: how to get all entries with filled fields in csv?
@ 2007-05-31 15:07 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-05-31 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruslan Kosolapov; +Cc: org-mode

On May 31, 2007, at 14:49, Ruslan Kosolapov wrote:

> I want to get ALL entries from my org-file as csv (I want to parse it
> and create some things like Gantt chart etc).
>

> (org-batch-agenda-csv "a") give me:
> IncOfPfW,WWW - certificates
> 4h,upcoming-deadline,NEW,sveta,2007-6-26,,In  26 d.:,B,984
>
> I.e. all fields filled well.
>
> But there are only agenda on current week, and there are no DONE
> items.  Anyway, I need very custom views, and week agenda can solve my
> problem only if will contain all todo keywords (DONE too) and will be
> created for custom date interval (now I need current year,
> i.e. "2007-01-01 - 2008-01-01").  As far as I understand, now such
> ability is absent.

Yes, this is currently not possible and would also be very slow.
Has been on my list for quire some time, but not yet.

> (org-batch-agenda-csv "t") returns me all TODOs, but without deadline
> (and without DONE items):
> IncOfPfW,WWW - certificates 4h,todo,NEW,sveta,,,,B,1001
>
> Is there any way to get deadlines (and schedule time too) in
> custom-agenda-commands view?
>
> Or maybe there are other way to get all entries in parseable format?

I guess for your application it may be easier to write a little perl
or python program to do the parsing yourself - I think I can make it
possible to get all the DONE entries as well, but I am not sure what the
right course would be for the deadlines/scheduled.  Maybe indeed
allowing arbitrary agenda durations - but as I said this would be slow.

- Carsten