* non static deadlines
@ 2009-03-19  5:46 Jim Barbour
From: Jim Barbour @ 2009-03-19  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Howdy folks,

My name is Jim.  I am a blind UNIX engineer currently working at
Yahoo.

I use org-more quite a bit for planning.

I'm curious if there's been any talk of allowing deadlines to be
expressed as delta times from either the start of the project or from
another deadline?

As an example, I'd like to be able to say...

    * The project begins on 2009-03-01
    * Phase 1 will be complete 2 weeks later.
    * Phase 2 will be completed 2 weeks after phase 1
    * A review will happen 1 week after phase 1
    * Phase 3 will be completed 5 weeks after phase 2.

Then, when I export my org files, or view agendas, I would get actual
dates, based on the start date of the project and the delta dates for
each item.  Then, I'd like to be able to change Phase 2 to say...

    * Phase 2 will be completed 2 months after phase 1

and have phase 3's dates update automatically.

I've been thinking about quick and dirty ways to do this, and was
wondering if I was perhaps reinventing the wheel.

All thoughts welcome, and thanks for an awesome tool!

Jim

* Re: non static deadlines
@ 2009-03-21 14:36 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-21 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Barbour; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jim,

we do not have anything like this implemented.  I guess this could
be implemented as an add-on.  If more hooks are needed to get this done,
I will provide them.

- Carsten