* icalendar export incomplete
@ 2009-09-30 10:43 Richard Lewis
From: Richard Lewis @ 2009-09-30 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I've been trying to get org-mode to export all my TODOs and diary file
entries to a single iCalendar file (which I then intend to import to
my phone).

However, when I run the command
org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files it only exports a selection
of TODOs and events to the output file. They come from the various
.org files, but do not include all the TODOs and events from those
files. They seem to the ones wit the earliest time stamps.

I also notice that it's only added ID PROPERTIES to headlines marked
as DONE (or any of the DONE-like SEQ_TODO options I have).

(I have the following SEQ_TODO setup:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) | DONE(d) CANCELLED(c) DEFERRED(f)
)

Though many of the DONE (etc.) headlines which have been assigned IDs
do not appear in the icalendar export.

Also, it seems to export the TODO items as VEVENTs rather than VTODOs.

I also tried org-export-icalendar-all-agenda-files and each individual
file contained exaclt the same selection of TODOs and events that
appeared in the combined file.

Any ideas how to get all my TODOs and events into an ics file?

Best,
Richard
--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Richard Lewis

* Re: icalendar export incomplete
@ 2009-10-01  9:14 ` Richard Lewis
From: Richard Lewis @ 2009-10-01  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:43:05 +0100,
Richard Lewis wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've been trying to get org-mode to export all my TODOs and diary file
> entries to a single iCalendar file (which I then intend to import to
> my phone).
>
> However, when I run the command
> org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files it only exports a selection
> of TODOs and events to the output file. They come from the various
> .org files, but do not include all the TODOs and events from those
> files. They seem to the ones wit the earliest time stamps.
>
> I also notice that it's only added ID PROPERTIES to headlines marked
> as DONE (or any of the DONE-like SEQ_TODO options I have).
>
> (I have the following SEQ_TODO setup:
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) | DONE(d) CANCELLED(c) DEFERRED(f)
> )
>
> Though many of the DONE (etc.) headlines which have been assigned IDs
> do not appear in the icalendar export.
>
> Also, it seems to export the TODO items as VEVENTs rather than VTODOs.
>
> I also tried org-export-icalendar-all-agenda-files and each individual
> file contained exaclt the same selection of TODOs and events that
> appeared in the combined file.
>
> Any ideas how to get all my TODOs and events into an ics file?

I should also add that I'm using org-mode from the git repository
fetched yesterday.

I've also checked that it's always exactly the same selection of
headlines that get exported.

Ultimately what I'd really like to be able to do is export "from" the
Agenda day/week view and just get a day (or week's) worth of events
and TODOs at a time.
--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Richard Lewis
ISMS, Computing
Goldsmiths, University of London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7078 5134
Skype: richardjlewis
JID: ironchicken@jabber.earth.li
http://www.richard-lewis.me.uk/
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
|Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.|
|http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html |

* Re: Re: icalendar export incomplete
@ 2009-10-01 11:52   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-01 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lewis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Richard,

please take a look at the following variables:

org-icalendar-include-todo
org-icalendar-use-deadline
org-icalendar-use-scheduled
org-icalendar-store-UID

The dosctrings of these variables should explain the behavior you are
seeing,
and show ways how to change the behavior.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2010-02-12 12:50     ` Richard Lewis
From: Richard Lewis @ 2010-02-12 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:52:39 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Richard Lewis wrote:
>
> > At Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:43:05 +0100,
> > Richard Lewis wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I've been trying to get org-mode to export all my TODOs and diary
> >> file
> >> entries to a single iCalendar file (which I then intend to import to
> >> my phone).
> >>
> >> However, when I run the command
> >> org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files it only exports a selection
> >> of TODOs and events to the output file. They come from the various
> >> .org files, but do not include all the TODOs and events from those
> >> files. They seem to the ones wit the earliest time stamps.
> >>
> >> I also notice that it's only added ID PROPERTIES to headlines marked
> >> as DONE (or any of the DONE-like SEQ_TODO options I have).
> >>
> >> (I have the following SEQ_TODO setup:
> >>
> >> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) | DONE(d)
> >> CANCELLED(c) DEFERRED(f)
> >> )
> >>
> >> Though many of the DONE (etc.) headlines which have been assigned IDs
> >> do not appear in the icalendar export.
> >>
> >> Also, it seems to export the TODO items as VEVENTs rather than
> >> VTODOs.
> >>
> >> I also tried org-export-icalendar-all-agenda-files and each
> >> individual
> >> file contained exaclt the same selection of TODOs and events that
> >> appeared in the combined file.
> >>
> >> Any ideas how to get all my TODOs and events into an ics file?
> >>
> > I should also add that I'm using org-mode from the git repository
> > fetched yesterday.
> >
> > I've also checked that it's always exactly the same selection of
> > headlines that get exported.
> >
> > Ultimately what I'd really like to be able to do is export "from" the
> > Agenda day/week view and just get a day (or week's) worth of events
> > and TODOs at a time.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> please take a look at the following variables:
>
> org-icalendar-include-todo
> org-icalendar-use-deadline
> org-icalendar-use-scheduled
> org-icalendar-store-UID
>
> The dosctrings of these variables should explain the behavior you are
> seeing,
> and show ways how to change the behavior.

Thanks for your pointers (and sorry for not acknowledging them
earlier.)

I still haven't quite satisfactorially solved this problem. My current
method is to use (org-write-agenda) and specify a .ics file. However,
this doesn't seem to include entries from my ~/diary file (which *are*
included in my agenda view). I have org-agenda-include-diary set to T
but "~/diary" is not in my org-agenda-files. (Which I just tested and
it seems [quite reasonably] that only org mode files can go in this
list.)

Is it possible for org-write-agenda to include ~/diary information?
--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Richard Lewis
ISMS, Computing
Goldsmiths, University of London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7078 5134
Skype: richardjlewis
JID: ironchicken@jabber.earth.li
http://www.richard-lewis.me.uk/
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
| Support open access to scholarship           |
| http://freeculture.org/ http://www.doaj.org/ |

* Re: Re: icalendar export incomplete
@ 2010-02-12 17:03       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-12 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lewis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 12, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Richard Lewis wrote:
> Is it possible for org-write-agenda to include ~/diary information?

No.  But there is icalendar.el.

HTH

- Carsten