* org-babel oz?
@ 2017-11-09 18:07 Johannes Brauer
From: Johannes Brauer @ 2017-11-09 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am looking for a working configuration for using oz code blocks in org-mode file. I've installed Mozart2 on macOS 10.12.6 and use org-mode version 9.0.9. I've put
(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((emacs-lisp . t)
   (oz . t)))
into my Aquamacs initialization and the ob-z.el in a path where Emacs can read it.
If I try to execute (C-C C-C) the following code block

#+begin_src oz :results value
  39 + 3
#+end_src

I get the following error messages:

executing Oz code block...
Org-babel: executing Oz expression
Create OPI socket for evaluating expressions
open-network-stream: make client process failed: Connection refused, :name, *Org-babel-OPI-socket*, :buffer, nil, :host, localhost, :service, 6001, :nowait, nil

I cannot figure out, what to do?
Any hints?

Johannes

* Re: org-babel oz?
@ 2017-11-10 18:10 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2017-11-10 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Johannes Brauer <brauer@nordakademie.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a working configuration for using oz code blocks in org-mode file. I've installed
> Mozart2 on macOS 10.12.6 and use org-mode version 9.0.9. I've put
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>  'org-babel-load-languages
>  '((emacs-lisp . t)
>    (oz . t)))
> into my Aquamacs initialization and the ob-z.el in a path where Emacs can read it.
> If I try to execute (C-C C-C) the following code block
>
> #+begin_src oz :results value
>   39 + 3
> #+end_src
>
> I get the following error messages:
>
> executing Oz code block...
> Org-babel: executing Oz expression
> Create OPI socket for evaluating expressions
> open-network-stream: make client process failed: Connection refused, :name, *Org-babel-OPI-socket*,
> :buffer, nil, :host, localhost, :service, 6001, :nowait, nil
>
> I cannot figure out, what to do?
> Any hints?

[this "answer" is uncontaminated by such mundane things as testing - I know
 nothing about Oz except what I read in contrib/lisp/ob-oz.el and I don't have
 Mozart installed on my machine (except for various pieces in my Music folder)]

You need to start the server using the contrib/scripts/StartOzServer.oz
script.

--
Nick

* Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 141, Issue 12
       [not found] <mailman.79.1510419613.20453.emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
@ 2017-11-12 13:48 ` Johannes Brauer
From: Johannes Brauer @ 2017-11-12 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org; +Cc: Nick Dokos

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a working configuration for using oz code blocks in org-mode file. I've installed
>> Mozart2 on macOS 10.12.6 and use org-mode version 9.0.9. I've put
>> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>> 'org-babel-load-languages
>> '((emacs-lisp . t)
>>   (oz . t)))
>> into my Aquamacs initialization and the ob-z.el in a path where Emacs can read it.
>> If I try to execute (C-C C-C) the following code block
>>
>> #+begin_src oz :results value
>>  39 + 3
>> #+end_src
>>
>> I get the following error messages:
>>
>> executing Oz code block...
>> Org-babel: executing Oz expression
>> Create OPI socket for evaluating expressions
>> open-network-stream: make client process failed: Connection refused, :name, *Org-babel-OPI-socket*,
>> :buffer, nil, :host, localhost, :service, 6001, :nowait, nil
>>
>> I cannot figure out, what to do?
>> Any hints?
>>

> [this "answer" is uncontaminated by such mundane things as testing - I know
> nothing about Oz except what I read in contrib/lisp/ob-oz.el and I don't have
> Mozart installed on my machine (except for various pieces in my Music folder)]
>
> You need to start the server using the contrib/scripts/StartOzServer.oz
> script.
>
> --
> Nick
Thanks Nick!
I downloaded StartOzServer.oz into a suited directory.  The file ob-oz.el had to be adapted  for looking for StartOzServer.oz in that directory.
Now executing (C-C C-C) on a code block the process Org-babel-OPI-socket is started but now I get the error message:

Org-babel: executing Oz expression
Create OPI socket for evaluating expressions
open-network-stream: make client process failed: Connection refused, :name, *Org-babel-OPI-socket*, :buffer, nil, :host, localhost, :service, 6001, :nowait, nil

If I execute (C-C C-C) once more I get a different message:

executing Oz code block...
Org-babel: executing Oz expression
Create OPI socket for evaluating expressions
org-babel-insert-result: Wrong type argument: markerp, nil

If I do it a third time then all works fine, i. e. executing the code block

#+begin_src oz :results value
 39 + 3
#+end_src

results in insertion of
#+RESULTS:
: 42
into the org file.

It seems a bit strange for me, but it is usable.

Johannes

* Re: org-babel oz?
       [not found] <mailman.79.1510419613.20453.emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
@ 2017-11-12 17:43 ` Johannes Brauer