* Workshop invitation to Berlin this weekend
@ 2009-09-02 20:40 Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-09-02 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

September 5th 2PM I will conduct a workshop on Org-mode in Berlin.
The title is

  Working and publishing with GNU Emacs and Org-mode

We will start setting up org-mode and have run through all the basics
like tasks, time tracking, remember, tables and so on, to adjust the
levels of all participants.

We will go on and use Org-mode as the glue for projects, which involves
time tracking as well as bug tracking and code management, radio tables,
use the agenda and more.

We will then go ahead and show how Org-mode can be used for
authoring. The emphasis will be on publishing to XHTML and LaTeX/PDF.

Note, that we have open end, so we might discuss more topics if we feel
like it. E.g. check out some contributions in the contrib/lisp/
directory.

The workshop will take place in Linienstrasse 54 in the centre of
Berlin. Map:

  http://maps.google.de/maps?q=map+Linienstraße+54+Berlin&fb=1&split=1&gl=de&cid=0,0,9608563565675805904&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

Arrival

  Line U2, station Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz:
     http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/Bvg/Detail/folder/553/id/1982/nb/1/name/U-Bahnlinie+U2

  Line U8, station Rosenthaler Platz:
    http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/Bvg/Detail/folder/559/id/2000/nb/1/name/U-Bahnlinie+U8

  You can download a map of underground network as PDF here:
    http://www.bvg.de/index.php/de/Common/Document/field/file/id/2597/filename/S%2BU-Bahn_3108_2009.PDF

Cost: €5 per participant (this includes food)

Please email m@1010.co.uk to reserve a place (strictly limited)

Prerequisites on any operating system:

    * emacs 22/23
    * Latest Git-version of org
    * TexLive installation
    * gnuplot (optional)
    * ditaa.jar (nowadays comes with the git version of Org-mode)

Best wishes

  Sebastian

* Re: Workshop invitation to Berlin this weekend
@ 2009-09-03  8:00 ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2009-09-03  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Rose wrote:
> September 5th 2PM I will conduct a workshop on Org-mode in Berlin.
> The title is
>
>   Working and publishing with GNU Emacs and Org-mode
>
> We will start setting up org-mode and have run through all the basics
> like tasks, time tracking, remember, tables and so on, to adjust the
> levels of all participants.
>
> We will go on and use Org-mode as the glue for projects, which involves
> time tracking as well as bug tracking and code management, radio tables,
> use the agenda and more.
>
> We will then go ahead and show how Org-mode can be used for
> authoring. The emphasis will be on publishing to XHTML and LaTeX/PDF.
>
> Note, that we have open end, so we might discuss more topics if we feel
> like it. E.g. check out some contributions in the contrib/lisp/
> directory.

Will there be a video of this event?  I think it always is interesting to
review how others do similar things than ours. At least, I'd like to see...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Re: Workshop invitation to Berlin this weekend
@ 2009-09-03 10:46   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-09-03 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Sebastian Rose wrote:
>> September 5th 2PM I will conduct a workshop on Org-mode in Berlin.
>> The title is
>>
>>   Working and publishing with GNU Emacs and Org-mode
>>
>> We will start setting up org-mode and have run through all the basics
>> like tasks, time tracking, remember, tables and so on, to adjust the
>> levels of all participants.
>>
>> We will go on and use Org-mode as the glue for projects, which involves
>> time tracking as well as bug tracking and code management, radio tables,
>> use the agenda and more.
>>
>> We will then go ahead and show how Org-mode can be used for
>> authoring. The emphasis will be on publishing to XHTML and LaTeX/PDF.
>>
>> Note, that we have open end, so we might discuss more topics if we feel
>> like it. E.g. check out some contributions in the contrib/lisp/
>> directory.
>
> Will there be a video of this event?  I think it always is interesting to
> review how others do similar things than ours. At least, I'd like to see...

Unfortunately not.

There are two main reasons for this:

  a) I don't have a camera capable of recording 6 or more hours in good
     quality.

  b) The organizer doesn't want that. Maybe they had issues with
     attendants not willing to be seen/heard on video in the past.

As for me, a video would have been fine. I don't do such things very
often, and I know it's fun to see all the stumbling and sweat on video
:-D

A chance to learn something, too.

Best wishes

  Sebastian