* when export org-mode to html, don't export entries of TODO, CANCELED
@ 2011-11-18  0:22 filebat Mark
From: filebat Mark @ 2011-11-18  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Denny Zhang

hi emacsers

Exporting org-mode's entries to html is a fantastic way for knowledge sharing!

Usually entries of "TODO" "HALF" "DELEGATE" "CANCELED" "DEFERRED" are
incomplete/immature knowledge.
Thus, I don't want to export them. Furthermore, after they are marked
as "DONE", I'd like to export them.

Any idea for how to do this?
Note that org-export-exclude-tags doesn't help us, at my first glance.

Draft solution:
After checking the implementation of org-mode for this part, I found
org-export-handle-export-tags function.
It determines what to be excluded when exporting, by search regexp of
:\\(TAG1\\|TAG2\\|...\\): in entries' title.

Thus I override org-export-handle-export-tags, by search regexp of
\\(TAG1\\|TAG2\\|...\\) with leading/tailing colon removed.

It's ugly but it works.
So my open question is what's the better solution?

http://hi.baidu.com/filebat/blog/item/6406a9fd6f79fd0b08244d7d.html

* Re: when export org-mode to html, don't export entries of TODO, CANCELED
@ 2011-11-18  5:05 Denny
From: Denny @ 2011-11-18  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, emacs-orgmode, filebat Mark

got it, thanks all