* [BUG] new exporter and #+BEGIN_CENTER
@ 2012-07-17 23:31 cberry
From: cberry @ 2012-07-17 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This throws an error:

------------------------------
* headline 1

#+BEGIN_CENTER

#+BEGIN_SRC R :exports both
rnorm(10)
#+END_SRC

#+END_CENTER
------------------------------

M-:  (org-export-to-buffer 'e-latex "latex buffer") RET

It does not run the src block and the error is:

 (error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)")
  re-search-forward("@@[-A-Za-z0-9]+:" 31 t)
[snip]
 org-element-export-snippet-successor(31)
[rest deleted]

Removing the whitespace between the BEGIN_CENTER and BEGIN_SRC lines
runs, but wrongly fails to execute the src block.

Removing the CENTER results in running the src block and producing the
expected result.

My last pull was yesterday: b7be665..69af091

HTH,

Chuck

--
Charles C. Berry                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
cberry at ucsd edu			    UC San Diego

* Re: [BUG] new exporter and #+BEGIN_CENTER
@ 2012-07-17 23:45 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-07-17 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cberry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu writes:

> This throws an error:
>
> ------------------------------ * headline 1
>
> #+BEGIN_CENTER
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC R :exports both
> rnorm(10)
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+END_CENTER
> ------------------------------
>
> M-:  (org-export-to-buffer 'e-latex "latex buffer") RET
>
> It does not run the src block and the error is:
>
>  (error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)")
>   re-search-forward("@@[-A-Za-z0-9]+:" 31 t)
> [snip]
>  org-element-export-snippet-successor(31)
> [rest deleted]
>
> Removing the whitespace between the BEGIN_CENTER and BEGIN_SRC lines
> runs, but wrongly fails to execute the src block.
>
> Removing the CENTER results in running the src block and producing the
> expected result.
>
> My last pull was yesterday: b7be665..69af091

I cannot reproduce it, but I fixed something similar recently. You may
want to upgrade a try again.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] new exporter and #+BEGIN_CENTER
@ 2012-07-17 23:50 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-07-17 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cberry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Center within Src.  I don't think you can nest the blocks.

The cryptic message is org-export.el way of saying that there is a parse
error or that the Org file doesn't to conform to schema.

@ 2012-07-18  3:52   ` cberry
From: cberry @ 2012-07-18  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Center within Src.  I don't think you can nest the blocks.

It seems you are right. At least as far as executing the src block is concerned.

I was thinking along the lines of LaTeX's center environment, but I see
now that a src block within a CENTER didn't work with the old exporter
either.

> The cryptic message is org-export.el way of saying that there is a parse
> error or that the Org file doesn't to conform to schema.

The latest git pull gives no error - it just doesn't run the src block.

--

@ 2012-07-18  7:56     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-07-18  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cberry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Eric Schulte

Hello,

cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu writes:

> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Center within Src.  I don't think you can nest the blocks.
>>

> It seems you are right. At least as far as executing the src block is
> concerned.

It's perfectly fine to nest blocks (as long as you don't nest blocks of
the same type – maybe I should allow this, btw).

It looks like a limitation from `org-export-blocks-preprocess' (that is
Babel).  Unless there's a good reason behind it, I think it can be
removed.  Eric Schulte (CCed) may have an answer.

There are a couple of changes to make in this function anyway once
org-element hits core.

Nicolas Goaziou