* How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files.
@ 2013-03-01  9:28 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2013-03-01  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

constructing an agenda with clocktable for 1 month takes some time here..
Writing the agenda to "/patch/agenda-201302.html" works fine.
Then creating the agenda for the previous month I also want to write it
to a html file. I would like to use "/patch/agenda-201301.html" for it.
providing "/path/ag" and pressing TAB expands the existing path and -
overwrites the uniquely found file!

How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files?
Should we consider to introduce an option instead of advising the function?

Thanks,
Rainer

* Re: How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files.
@ 2013-03-01 14:07 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-01 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> constructing an agenda with clocktable for 1 month takes some time here..
> Writing the agenda to "/patch/agenda-201302.html" works fine.
> Then creating the agenda for the previous month I also want to write it
> to a html file. I would like to use "/patch/agenda-201301.html" for it.
> providing "/path/ag" and pressing TAB expands the existing path and -
> overwrites the uniquely found file!

> How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files?
> Should we consider to introduce an option instead of advising the
> function?

You are now asked before overwriting the file, thanks for suggesting
this.

--
 Bastien

* Re: How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files.
@ 2013-03-03 16:25   ` Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2013-03-03 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Rainer Stengele, emacs-orgmode

Dear Bastien,

On 03/01/2013 03:07 PM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>
>> How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files?
>> Should we consider to introduce an option instead of advising the
>> function?
>
> You are now asked before overwriting the file, thanks for suggesting
> this.

this breaks my setup. I export to mobileOrg on my server whenever I
sync. Now I am being asked "Overwrite existing file
/home/org-mobile/mobileOrg/agendas.org? (y or n) y" but the script does
not answer.

I am invoking:

emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs.d/init.el -f org-mobile-push --kill

but even though I use -batch the question is asked!

How can I fix this?

Cheers,

Simon

* Re: How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files.
@ 2013-03-03 16:54     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-03 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Thum; +Cc: Rainer Stengele, emacs-orgmode

Hi Simon,

Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> writes:

> this breaks my setup.

I've removed the check when org-agenda-write is called
non-interactively.  Please let me know if this fixes your
setup.

 Bastien

* Re: How can I stop org-agenda-write from overwriting existing files.
@ 2013-03-03 17:24       ` Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2013-03-03 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Rainer Stengele, emacs-orgmode

On 03/03/2013 05:54 PM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> this breaks my setup.
>
> I've removed the check when org-agenda-write is called
> non-interactively.  Please let me know if this fixes your
> setup.
>
> Thanks,

Works like a charm!

Thank you very much!