* Number formatting in tables for LaTeX export
@ 2013-05-01  1:02 Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2013-05-01  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a table representing a memory map, something like this:

    | Start | End  | Purpose                        |
    |-------+------+--------------------------------|
    |  0000 | 1E08 | Bootloader                     |
    |  1E09 | 1FFF | Unused (Bootloader expansion)  |
    |  2000 | 3F39 | Application                    |

When I export to LaTeX, '1E08' and '1E09' are interpreted as decimal
exponent numbers, and are exported as '1(08)' and '1(09)'.

The only way I've found to prevent this is to include the line:

    #+ATTR_LaTeX: :mode verbatim

which produces a rather ugly fixed-font table.

Is there an existing solution to this? If not, any ideas for addressing it?

Kind Regards,
Mike Gauland

* Re: Number formatting in tables for LaTeX export
@ 2013-05-01  7:03 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-01  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Michael Gauland <mikelygee@amuri.net> writes:

> I have a table representing a memory map, something like this:
>
>     | Start | End  | Purpose                        |
>     |-------+------+--------------------------------|
>     |  0000 | 1E08 | Bootloader                     |
>     |  1E09 | 1FFF | Unused (Bootloader expansion)  |
>     |  2000 | 3F39 | Application                    |
>
> When I export to LaTeX, '1E08' and '1E09' are interpreted as decimal
> exponent numbers, and are exported as '1(08)' and '1(09)'.
>
> The only way I've found to prevent this is to include the line:
>
>     #+ATTR_LaTeX: :mode verbatim
>
> which produces a rather ugly fixed-font table.
>
> Is there an existing solution to this? If not, any ideas for
> addressing it?

You may want to change `org-table-number-regexp' (global) or modify, at
least locally, through BIND keyword,
`org-latex-table-scientific-notation'.

Nicolas Goaziou