* list labels - fixing a label
@ 2013-11-02 15:30 paul-sqPYmOVXOov10XsdtD+oqA
From: paul-sqPYmOVXOov10XsdtD+oqA @ 2013-11-02 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

In LaTeX we can specifically set enumi, enumii etc. to skip list items.

Is there any way to do something similar with org lists? Simply started
at 2) or whatever doesn't work - when you add new items they all get
renumbered.

* Re: list labels - fixing a label
@ 2013-11-02 15:37 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-11-02 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

paul@rudin.co.uk writes:
> In LaTeX we can specifically set enumi, enumii etc. to skip list items.
>
> Is there any way to do something similar with org lists? Simply started
> at 2) or whatever doesn't work - when you add new items they all get
> renumbered.

You could consult the manual and find that starting an ordered list
entry with e.g. [@20] would set the enumeration to that value and then
increment later entries from there.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: list labels - fixing a label
@ 2013-11-02 15:53   ` paul-sqPYmOVXOov10XsdtD+oqA
From: paul-sqPYmOVXOov10XsdtD+oqA @ 2013-11-02 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Achim Gratz <Stromeko-i47jiTeKxPI@public.gmane.org> writes:

> paul-sqPYmOVXOov10XsdtD+oqA@public.gmane.org writes:
>> In LaTeX we can specifically set enumi, enumii etc. to skip list items.
>>
>> Is there any way to do something similar with org lists? Simply started
>> at 2) or whatever doesn't work - when you add new items they all get
>> renumbered.
>
> You could consult the manual and find that starting an ordered list
> entry with e.g. [@20] would set the enumeration to that value and then
> increment later entries from there.

Aha! Thank you. The manual does indeed describe that.

However it doesn't seem to work in quite the way one (or at least I)
might expect. If I type:

1)
2)

and then I hit M-RET I'll get:

1)
2)
3)

But if have:

1)
[@3])

and then I hit M-RET I'll get:

1)
[@3])
*

so it seems that that the last item isn't recognised as a list item. I
guess I was expecting to get:

1)
[@3])
4)