* calendar day face incorrect when Monday first day?
@ 2014-03-17  8:58 David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-03-17  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Dear All,
this might be out for this group, but maybe there will be some help, as
calendar is used extensively in org mode.

In Czech Rep, the week starts always by monday, so I do

(setq calendar-week-start-day 1)

This perfectly sets the monday in the calendar view (so M-x calendar) as
first day of the week. Trouble is, that in the header it still uses face
'as if it was a weekend day'. So I've been browsing through the code to
see how to repair it, and to my surprise I did not find any way how to
do it. So I dug into the code more and I've found this piece of code in
calendar.el (emacs 24git):

(dotimes (i 7)
     (insert
      (truncate-string-to-width
       (propertize (calendar-day-name (mod (+ calendar-week-start-day i) 7)
                                      'header t)
                   'font-lock-face (if (memq i '(0 6))
                                       'calendar-weekend-header
                                     'calendar-weekday-header))
       calendar-day-header-width nil ?\s)
      (make-string (- calendar-column-width calendar-day-header-width)
     ?\s)))

hidden in calendar-generate-month. Now it seems, that font-lock-face is
assigned to weekend header *only* for first and last day of week, which
for Czech Rep. is not really correct, as correct should be (imho)
saturday/sunday, which would mean, that the (memq... should be:

(memq i '(5 6))

Is the hard-wired face for weekend days intentional? I would propose to
declare those days in an external variable so user could actually choose
what he considers as weekend...

any comments on this? eventually proposals to who to send this email to
propose this functionality?

NB: I've checked with (memq i '(5 6)) and it works correctly.

Cheers

.d.

* Re: calendar day face incorrect when Monday first day?
@ 2014-03-17  9:09 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-17  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Belohrad; +Cc: org-mode

Hi David,

David Belohrad <david@belohrad.ch> writes:

> Is the hard-wired face for weekend days intentional? I would propose to
> declare those days in an external variable so user could actually choose
> what he considers as weekend...

I don't know if it is intentional but I observe the same.

> any comments on this? eventually proposals to who to send this email to
> propose this functionality?

Your best chance is to send an Emacs bug report with

M-x report-emacs-bug RET

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: calendar day face incorrect when Monday first day?
@ 2014-03-17 10:02   ` David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-03-17 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: org-mode

Ok, I then send a copy of this email to emacs guys