* Downloadable mailing list archive?
@ 2014-09-05  9:15 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-05  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

is there a downloadable mailing list archive in maildir format for
org-mode?

I know I can download the mbox from gmane, but I would prefer maildir
format.

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: Downloadable mailing list archive?
@ 2014-09-05 10:06 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-09-05 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Friday,  5 Sep 2014 at 11:15, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> Hi
>
> is there a downloadable mailing list archive in maildir format for
> org-mode?

> I know I can download the mbox from gmane, but I would prefer maildir
> format.

No idea if a maildir archive exists but you could always convert the
mbox to a maildir format directory.  A simple web search brings up

http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

but I have never used this or anything else.

You could, of course, use gnus to read in the mbox and then copy all the
messages to a maildir mailbox.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-310-g38d0eb

@ 2014-10-12 12:33 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-10-12 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> is there a downloadable mailing list archive in maildir format for
> org-mode?

ftp://lists.gnu.org/emacs-orgmode/

HTH,

--