* on the fragility of export to ODT
@ 2015-02-16 17:29 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-02-16 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

(I hope this is not just noise...)

I use org as my main writing tool, typically for publications that I
submit using LaTeX.  So far, so excellent!

However, I do have to export to ODT (as a means to DOC) and I find the
export to be very fragile.  I keep running into some strange error in
long documents (which make it difficult to track down the source).  The
typical output to *Messages* is:

,----
| Deleting lines with ignore heading tag
| Local Ispell dictionary set to british
| org-babel-exp process latex at line 185...
| executing Latex code block...
| Code block evaluation complete.
| org-babel-exp process latex at line 244...
| executing Latex code block (radarchart)...
| result silenced
| org-babel-exp process latex at line 245...
| executing Latex code block...
| Processing LaTeX file /tmp/babel-7173ozh/latex-7173lhW.tex...
| PDF file produced.
| Code block evaluation complete.
| org-babel-exp process latex at line 460...
|  [...]
| org-babel-exp process bibtex at line 1151...
| org-babel-exp process emacs-lisp at line 1201...
| LaTeX to MathML converter not available.
| Formatting LaTeX using verbatim
| OpenDocument export failed: FIXME: Resolve (paragraph (:begin 54129 :end 54321
`----

At this point, I get very long data structures dumped to
*Messages*...  difficult to figure out what is wrong.  It's often my
mistake but tracking it down is difficult.

However, more importantly, the failure is complete and nothing is
exported which does not help me at all.  It would be great if offending
paragraphs (elements, objects, whatever) would be skipped over and the
rest of the document generated.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-840-g451c7b