* [bug] fuzzy link not matching commented headlines
@ 2015-03-26 14:38 Martin Carlé
From: Martin Carlé @ 2015-03-26 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Guess it's a bug that fuzzy links won't match a commented headline
whereas the other internal link types (custom_id and org ID) do.

Or is there a special purpose for this specific type of link regarding comments?

Just check the following example:

,------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

`------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Fetch my gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7E3CA33F

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: [bug] fuzzy link not matching commented headlines
@ 2015-03-26 20:09 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-26 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Carlé; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Martin Carlé <mc@aiguphonie.com> writes:

> Guess it's a bug that fuzzy links won't match a commented headline
> whereas the other internal link types (custom_id and org ID) do.
>
> Or is there a special purpose for this specific type of link regarding comments?
>
> Just check the following example:
>
> ,------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> | * First headline
> | 1. fuzzy link to [[Second headline]] -- ok
> | 2. fuzzy link to commented [[Third headline]] -- fails
> |
> | 3. custom_id link to commented [[#Fourth][Fourth headline]] -- ok
> | 4. id link to commented [[id:D91E1EF3-2918-4F37-98EB-E2C92ACBE372][Fifth headline]] -- ok
> |
> | * Second headline
> |
> | * COMMENT Third headline
> |
> | * COMMENT Fourth headline
> | :PROPERTIES:
> | :CUSTOM_ID: Fourth
> | :END:
> |
> | * Fifth headline
> | :PROPERTIES:
> | :ID:       D91E1EF3-2918-4F37-98EB-E2C92ACBE372
> | :END:
> |
> `------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. This should be fixed in
22f732c2553cc8ab42e8465018042bf0f49b6f4f.

However, this kind of link is sort of pointless, since it is bound to
fail during export, as the targeted headline will be removed. As
a consequence, this document cannot be exported, even though COMMENT
keyword is only meaningful during export.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [bug] fuzzy link not matching commented headlines
@ 2015-03-27  9:29   ` Martin Carlé
From: Martin Carlé @ 2015-03-27  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Great, thanks for the quick fix!

Well, besides exports there is also tangling. Still, thanks for the
warning. I am aware of the exports 'issue' but turned it into a feature
while automatically removing unresolvable internal links. As a result,
we get a nice private comment system for notes only relevant to author
during writing phase. (Notes in drawers are fine, but cannot be linked
up, as far as I know.)

All best,
mc

--

@ 2015-03-27 10:48     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-27 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Carlé; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Martin Carlé <mc@aiguphonie.com> writes:

> Great, thanks for the quick fix!
>
> Well, besides exports there is also tangling. Still, thanks for the
> warning. I am aware of the exports 'issue' but turned it into a feature
> while automatically removing unresolvable internal links. As a result,
> we get a nice private comment system for notes only relevant to author
> during writing phase. (Notes in drawers are fine, but cannot be linked
> up, as far as I know.)

You can #+NAME drawers, and therefore, link to them.