* ODT export backend missing
@ 2015-09-10 20:48 Jorge
From: Jorge @ 2015-09-10 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The export dispatcher does not show ODT.  I see no errors in the
messages buffer, and Emacs does not print any error to the terminal.

This is Ubuntu 15.04, Emacs 24.5 (compiled myself).  I have tested
with recent Org (from package.el) and with stock Org.  I have in fact
tested with stock emacs (renamed my .emacs.d).  Does not work.

Regards

* Re: ODT export backend missing
@ 2015-09-10 20:58 ` Jorge
From: Jorge @ 2015-09-10 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 5:48 PM, Jorge <jorge13515@gmail.com> wrote:
> The export dispatcher does not show ODT.  I see no errors in the
> messages buffer, and Emacs does not print any error to the terminal.

I discovered command org-odt-export-to-odt and called it directly.  Worked.

Should have thought of it before.  Sorry.

@ 2015-09-10 21:24 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-09-10 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jorge <jorge13515@gmail.com> writes:

> The export dispatcher does not show ODT.  I see no errors in the
> messages buffer, and Emacs does not print any error to the terminal.
>
> This is Ubuntu 15.04, Emacs 24.5 (compiled myself).  I have tested
> with recent Org (from package.el) and with stock Org.  I have in fact
> tested with stock emacs (renamed my .emacs.d).  Does not work.

Have you loaded the odt exporter? It is not loaded by default.

See (info "(org) Export back-ends")

Nick

* Re: ODT export backend missing
@ 2015-09-11 21:50   ` Eduardo Mercovich
From: Eduardo Mercovich @ 2015-09-11 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jorge.

>> The export dispatcher does not show ODT.  I see no errors in the
>> messages buffer, and Emacs does not print any error to the terminal.

> I discovered command org-odt-export-to-odt and called it directly.  Worked.
> Should have thought of it before.  Sorry.

While true and not a bug, I also thought about that before.

If it exists, it works and it's an open format, shouldn't it be listed with
the rest? Just asking.

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich