* backend for todo.txt format (todotxt.com)
@ 2016-01-16 19:59 Stefan Huchler
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Stefan Huchler @ 2016-01-16 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just tried to write am backend for this todolist format:
https://github.com/ginatrapani/todo.txt-cli/wiki/The-Todo.txt-Format

and after a few hours
with no real success I gave up.

I want to first have a very simple convertion of some tasks like that:

TODO foo
DONE bar

to:

foo
x bar

bonus would be to ignore headline levels for now

so:

* Tasks
** TODO foo
** DONE bar

would be ok too.

There is a nice opensource android App that uses this format:

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=task&fdid=nl.mpcjanssen.simpletask

so it would be nice to be able to easy have a list of your tasks with
you in a touchfriendly environment. I know there is mobileorg but the ui
is horrible and the projekt is more or less abandoned.

Maybe export/import backend is the wrong way to go, a sync or exchange
feature would be better so maybe org-agenda todo export/import ability
would be better? but for now a export alone would be an advancement.
dont know if import or export can update/replace lines?

maybe with some kind of taskid property?

maybe thats stupid and I should just fork such am tool to make it
understand org-mode format, but a automatic way to send stuff one way to
android would be a good starting step, to test if I use that feature
much.

exporting to todo.txt format seemed just to be the easiest way, heck I
even could write a macro to do that if nothing else is reasonable easy
to do.