* Bug: Capital lettered plain lists export as numbered
@ 2016-11-27 22:54 Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2016-11-27 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

In my org file, I have ordered capital lettered plain lists like this:

A. Item A
B. Item B
    a. subitem a
    b. submitem b
C. Item C

But when I export them to a pdf via latex, they look like this:

1. Item A
2. Item B
    (a) subitem a
    (b) submitem b
3. Item C

Is this a bug or is it expected behavior?

--- test .org file ----------------

A. Item A
B. Item B
   a. subitem a
   b. submitem b
C. Item C

-- my setup --------------------
Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-09-17
Package: Org mode version 9.0.1 (9.0.1-elpa @
c:/Users/scott/OneDrive/scotto/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20161118/)

* Re: Bug: Capital lettered plain lists export as numbered
@ 2016-11-28  0:38 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-28  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Otterson; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Scott Otterson <scotto@sharpleaf.org> writes:

> In my org file, I have ordered capital lettered plain lists like this:
>
> A. Item A
> B. Item B
>     a. subitem a
>     b. submitem b
> C. Item C
>

> But when I export them to a pdf via latex, they look like this:
>
> 1. Item A
> 2. Item B
>     (a) subitem a
>     (b) submitem b
> 3. Item C
>

> Is this a bug or is it expected behavior?

It is the expected behaviour. Bullets used in an Org document are not
meant to control how the list is to be exported.

Nicolas Goaziou