emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex
@ 2021-09-08 13:25 Denis Maier
  2021-09-08 14:30 ` Denis Maier
  2021-10-03 22:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Denis Maier @ 2021-09-08 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Hi,
Elias and I have run into an potential bug in oc-biblatex:

======================================
#+cite_export: biblatex authoryear

[cite:@doe] => ok

([cite:@doe]) => this generates a space between the opening parentheses 
and the citation.
======================================

Result:

========================================
\autocite{doe}

( \autocite{doe}) => this generates a space between the opening 
parentheses and the citation.
=========================================

Best,
Denis


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex
  2021-09-08 13:25 Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex Denis Maier
@ 2021-09-08 14:30 ` Denis Maier
  2021-09-08 14:36   ` Denis Maier
  2021-10-03 22:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Denis Maier @ 2021-09-08 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Ok, it looks like this also happens with:

.[cite:@doe]
=> . \autocite{doe}

Is that on purpose?

Denis

Am 08.09.2021 um 15:25 schrieb Denis Maier:
> Hi,
> Elias and I have run into an potential bug in oc-biblatex:
> 
> ======================================
> #+cite_export: biblatex authoryear
> 
> [cite:@doe] => ok
> 
> ([cite:@doe]) => this generates a space between the opening parentheses 
> and the citation.
> ======================================
> 
> Result:
> 
> ========================================
> \autocite{doe}
> 
> ( \autocite{doe}) => this generates a space between the opening 
> parentheses and the citation.
> =========================================
> 
> Best,
> Denis
> 
> 



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex
  2021-09-08 14:30 ` Denis Maier
@ 2021-09-08 14:36   ` Denis Maier
  2021-09-20 11:08     ` Denis Maier via General discussions about Org-mode.
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Denis Maier @ 2021-09-08 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Update 2:
This also happens with
#+cite_export: csl

Maybe this is useful for tracking this down.

Denis


Am 08.09.2021 um 16:30 schrieb Denis Maier:
> Ok, it looks like this also happens with:
> 
> .[cite:@doe]
> => . \autocite{doe}
> 
> Is that on purpose?
> 
> Denis
> 
> Am 08.09.2021 um 15:25 schrieb Denis Maier:
>> Hi,
>> Elias and I have run into an potential bug in oc-biblatex:
>>
>> ======================================
>> #+cite_export: biblatex authoryear
>>
>> [cite:@doe] => ok
>>
>> ([cite:@doe]) => this generates a space between the opening 
>> parentheses and the citation.
>> ======================================
>>
>> Result:
>>
>> ========================================
>> \autocite{doe}
>>
>> ( \autocite{doe}) => this generates a space between the opening 
>> parentheses and the citation.
>> =========================================
>>
>> Best,
>> Denis
>>
>>
> 
> 
> 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex
  2021-09-08 14:36   ` Denis Maier
@ 2021-09-20 11:08     ` Denis Maier via General discussions about Org-mode.
  2021-09-25 14:48       ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Denis Maier via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2021-09-20 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Bump.


Am 08.09.2021 um 16:36 schrieb Denis Maier:
> Update 2:
> This also happens with
> #+cite_export: csl
> 
> Maybe this is useful for tracking this down.
> 
> Denis
> 
> 
> Am 08.09.2021 um 16:30 schrieb Denis Maier:
>> Ok, it looks like this also happens with:
>>
>> .[cite:@doe]
>> => . \autocite{doe}
>>
>> Is that on purpose?
>>
>> Denis
>>
>> Am 08.09.2021 um 15:25 schrieb Denis Maier:
>>> Hi,
>>> Elias and I have run into an potential bug in oc-biblatex:
>>>
>>> ======================================
>>> #+cite_export: biblatex authoryear
>>>
>>> [cite:@doe] => ok
>>>
>>> ([cite:@doe]) => this generates a space between the opening 
>>> parentheses and the citation.
>>> ======================================
>>>
>>> Result:
>>>
>>> ========================================
>>> \autocite{doe}
>>>
>>> ( \autocite{doe}) => this generates a space between the opening 
>>> parentheses and the citation.
>>> =========================================
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Denis
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex
  2021-09-20 11:08     ` Denis Maier via General discussions about Org-mode.
@ 2021-09-25 14:48       ` Bastien
  2021-09-29  7:41         ` Denis Maier
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-25 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier; +Cc: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Hi Denis,

Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:

> Bump.

Can you propose a patch for this?

Also see
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-mailing-list.html#i-didnt-receive-an-answer
where we ask contributors to wait at least one month before bumping a
thread (thanks!)


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex
  2021-09-25 14:48       ` Bastien
@ 2021-09-29  7:41         ` Denis Maier
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Denis Maier @ 2021-09-29  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou, Nicolas Goaziou



Am 25.09.2021 um 16:48 schrieb Bastien:
> Hi Denis,
>
> Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:
>
>> Bump.
> Can you propose a patch for this?
I would have already done if I knew how to do this.
That's maybe a nice elisp exercise so I'll have look, but I fear that's 
way beyond my capabilities, and probably something Nicolas might want to 
have a look at.

>
> Also see
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-mailing-list.html#i-didnt-receive-an-answer
> where we ask contributors to wait at least one month before bumping a
> thread (thanks!)
Oh, didn't know that. Sorry. (Other lists have a "wait one week before 
bumping"-policy, and I assumed that to be the case here as well...)

Denis



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex
  2021-09-08 13:25 Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex Denis Maier
  2021-09-08 14:30 ` Denis Maier
@ 2021-10-03 22:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2021-10-03 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Maier; +Cc: Org Mode List, Elias Bounatirou

Hello,

Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:

> Elias and I have run into an potential bug in oc-biblatex:
>
> ======================================
> #+cite_export: biblatex authoryear
>
> [cite:@doe] => ok
>
> ([cite:@doe]) => this generates a space between the opening
> parentheses and the citation.
> ======================================
>
> Result:
>
> ========================================
> \autocite{doe}
>
> ( \autocite{doe}) => this generates a space between the opening
> parentheses and the citation.
> =========================================

Fixed.

Thank you.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-10-03 22:03 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-09-08 13:25 Spurious spaces with oc-biblatex Denis Maier
2021-09-08 14:30 ` Denis Maier
2021-09-08 14:36   ` Denis Maier
2021-09-20 11:08     ` Denis Maier via General discussions about Org-mode.
2021-09-25 14:48       ` Bastien
2021-09-29  7:41         ` Denis Maier
2021-10-03 22:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).