* Modifying org-quote blocks
@ 2024-03-13 15:30 Divya Ranjan
From: Divya Ranjan @ 2024-03-13 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs orgmode

I have been trying to modify my org-blocks that pertain to quotes. I have tried setting the variable `org-fontify-quote-and-blocks` to `t` but that doesn't really do anything. I still get `fixed-pitch` font in quote blocks. I would want to be able to modify the background and font nature of quote blocks, for e.g., changing the `fixed-pitch` font to `variable-pitch` font and maybe change the background color a bit.

I also intend to set the text inside any quote block to be automatically indented and italicized, so that it looks promimnent from the rest of the text.

I have tried to look through the mailing list to find something, but what I got [0] wasn't really of much help, would be glad if someone can give me a hint or two.

[0]: https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-orgmode/2018-11/msg00238.html

Regards,

Divya.

* Re: Modifying org-quote blocks
@ 2024-03-13 17:04 ` Ihor Radchenko
       [not found]   ` <FBD85610-CC8F-4F84-9179-5EA196DAF8F3@subvertising.org>
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-13 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Divya Ranjan; +Cc: Emacs orgmode

Divya Ranjan <divya@subvertising.org> writes:

> I have been trying to modify my org-blocks that pertain to quotes. I
> have tried setting the variable `org-fontify-quote-and-blocks` to `t`
> but that doesn't really do anything.

There is no such variable in Org mode.
Maybe you meant `org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks'?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

@ 2024-03-14 21:15     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-14 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Divya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[ Adding Org ML back to CC to keep the conversation public ]

Divya <divya@subvertising.org> writes:

>>> I have been trying to modify my org-blocks that pertain to quotes. I
>>> have tried setting the variable `org-fontify-quote-and-blocks` to `t`
>>> but that doesn't really do anything.
>>
>>There is no such variable in Org mode.
>>Maybe you meant `org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks'?
> Indeed that's what I meant, it was a typo, my apologies.

On my side, using the latest stable Org mode version, after setting
`org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks' to t (it must be set before loading
an Org file), text inside quote blocks is correctly fontified using
org-quote face on my side.

You can check faces using M-x describe-text-properties with point inside
quote block.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,