* [orgmobile] support for Moblin
@ 2009-11-19  7:05 Gour
From: Gour @ 2009-11-19  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I still have to become more familiar with MobileOrg, but wonder if
anyone is planning some support for Moblin OS?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6

* Re: [orgmobile] support for Moblin
@ 2009-11-19  8:31 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-11-19  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gour; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:05:09 +0100,
Gour wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I still have to become more familiar with MobileOrg, but wonder if
> anyone is planning some support for Moblin OS?

Well, *in principle*, Emacs should run just fine on Moblin so you
should be able to have the full power of org-mode by default.  Of
course, *in practice*, I don't know how easy it will be to install
Emacs on such devices.

* Re: [orgmobile] support for Moblin
@ 2009-11-19 11:17   ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2009-11-19 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:31:44 +0000

Eric> Well, *in principle*, Emacs should run just fine on Moblin so you
Eric> should be able to have the full power of org-mode by default.  Of
Eric> course, *in practice*, I don't know how easy it will be to install
Eric> Emacs on such devices.

There is Emacs-22.2 package for Moblin available, but the point is if
one wants only to have his 'desktop' org data 'synced' with the
Moblin's Myzone, i.e. displayed on Myzone's left panel showing
Calendar appointments and tasks.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6

* Re: Re: [orgmobile] support for Moblin
@ 2009-11-19 18:36     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2009-11-19 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gour; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:17:48 +0100,
Gour wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:31:44 +0000
>
> Eric> Well, *in principle*, Emacs should run just fine on Moblin so you
> Eric> should be able to have the full power of org-mode by default.  Of
> Eric> course, *in practice*, I don't know how easy it will be to install
> Eric> Emacs on such devices.
>
> There is Emacs-22.2 package for Moblin available, but the point is if
> one wants only to have his 'desktop' org data 'synced' with the
> Moblin's Myzone, i.e. displayed on Myzone's left panel showing
> Calendar appointments and tasks.

Ah, I see: it's more than just having org-mode available on a Moblin
device; it's about integration with other tools on Moblin.  I don't
know anything about Myzone unfortunately so cannot help.  My own use
of org-mode on a handheld device consists of my running Emacs on Maemo
and having Emacs take over the screen!  I don't use any other apps
(are there any other apps other than Emacs? ;-).

Best of luck and keep us posted as I think there is going to be
significant interest in Moblin in the near future given the number of
devices appearing and about to appear.

* Re: [orgmobile] support for Moblin
@ 2009-11-19 19:16       ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2009-11-19 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)