* org-agenda-diary-entry without date tree
@ 2009-11-14 12:33 Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-11-14 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi Carsten,

The new org-agenda-diary-entry looks quite convenient.

Would it be possible to add an option to bypass the date tree so as to
add each new appointment as a simple first level heading? I prefer to
keep my appointments organized by project and/or category and have no
real use for the date tree. Ideally, new appointments would appear as
first level headlines in the org-agenda-diary-file (i.e., my inbox),
ready to be refiled.

Thanks,
Matt

* Re: org-agenda-diary-entry without date tree
@ 2009-11-15  7:42 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-15  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: Org Mode

On Nov 14, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> The new org-agenda-diary-entry looks quite convenient.
>
> Would it be possible to add an option to bypass the date tree so as to
> add each new appointment as a simple first level heading? I prefer to
> keep my appointments organized by project and/or category and have no
> real use for the date tree. Ideally, new appointments would appear as
> first level headlines in the org-agenda-diary-file (i.e., my inbox),
> ready to be refiled.

Hi Matt,

why are you not simply using your remember template for this?

- Carsten

* Re: org-agenda-diary-entry without date tree
@ 2009-11-15 14:34   ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-11-15 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Matt Lundin, Org Mode

> On Nov 14, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:
>
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> The new org-agenda-diary-entry looks quite convenient.
>>
>> Would it be possible to add an option to bypass the date tree so as to
>> add each new appointment as a simple first level heading? I prefer to
>> keep my appointments organized by project and/or category and have no
>> real use for the date tree. Ideally, new appointments would appear as
>> first level headlines in the org-agenda-diary-file (i.e., my inbox),
>> ready to be refiled.
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> why are you not simply using your remember template for this?

Hi Carsten,

My org-remember template only works for single dates. I'd very much like
to be able to create block and anniversary events quickly from the
calendar and the agenda (but without the date tree and special
"anniversary" heading).

In other words, my remember template is only a partial solution. The new
feature, on the other hand, offers all the convenient keybindings I
remember from my erstwhile days of using the emacs diary.

If it's too much trouble, no worries.

Best,

@ 2009-11-19 14:35 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-19 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Matt,

please try

    (setq org-agenda-insert-diary-strategy 'top-level)

HTH

- Carsten

On Nov 14, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> The new org-agenda-diary-entry looks quite convenient.
>
> Would it be possible to add an option to bypass the date tree so as to
> add each new appointment as a simple first level heading? I prefer to
> keep my appointments organized by project and/or category and have no
> real use for the date tree. Ideally, new appointments would appear as
> first level headlines in the org-agenda-diary-file (i.e., my inbox),
> ready to be refiled.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

- Carsten

* Re: org-agenda-diary-entry without date tree
@ 2009-11-19 15:52   ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-11-19 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Matt Lundin, Org Mode

> Hi Matt,
>
> please try
>
>    (setq org-agenda-insert-diary-strategy 'top-level)
>
> HTH

Thanks Carsten! It works very well.

- Matt