* Remember does not insert a blank line before new headings
@ 2010-06-21 10:24 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-06-21 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi,

Whenever collecting tasks (for example, but not limited to that), I would like
one blank line to be inserted before any heading.

This is a sample file of how I like to see things (always thinking at other
colleagues who would read my Org file from vi or even worse editors):

* Tasks

** TODO Make highlight of #hexa colors in Emacs work
   [2010-05-27 Thu 14:40]

   I have sample code almost working. Try to customize it.

** TODO Search for flights
   SCHEDULED: <2010-06-22 Tue>
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Effort:   0:10
   :END:
   [2010-06-07 Mon 15:00]

** TODO Work on the rest
   [2010-06-21 Mon 12:15]

My remember template was the following:

(setq org-remember-templates
      '(
        ("Task" ?t
         "* TODO %?\n  %U\n  %i"    ; include a date tag showing when it
                                    ; was added to the TODO file
         nil                        ; refile.org
         "Tasks")))

But every inserted task comes "glue'd" to the previous item:

* Tasks

[...]

** TODO Work on the rest
   [2010-06-21 Mon 12:15]
** TODO Added task (via remember)
   [2010-06-21 Mon 12:20]

Changing my template to this:

(setq org-remember-templates
      '(
        ("Task" ?t
         "\n\n\n* TODO %?\n  %U\n  %i"
         nil                        ; refile.org
         "Tasks")))

doesn't change anything to that... Well, I see extra line spaces in the
remember *buffer*, but they're not inserted when filed (`C-c C-c').

How can we get this behavior?  Am I missing some variable?

For your information, I also have:

(setq org-blank-before-new-entry '((heading . t) (plain-list-item . auto)))

but that does not what *I* would expect, inserting a blank before any new
heading.

Any help?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Remember does not insert a blank line before new headings
@ 2010-06-21 10:26 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-06-21 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

this feature is coming soon, with a bunch of others.

- Carsten

On Jun 21, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever collecting tasks (for example, but not limited to that), I
> would like
> one blank line to be inserted before any heading.
>
> This is a sample file of how I like to see things (always thinking
> at other
> colleagues who would read my Org file from vi or even worse editors):

> * Tasks
>
> ** TODO Make highlight of #hexa colors in Emacs work
>   [2010-05-27 Thu 14:40]
>
>   I have sample code almost working. Try to customize it.
>
> ** TODO Search for flights
>   SCHEDULED: <2010-06-22 Tue>
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :Effort:   0:10
>   :END:
>   [2010-06-07 Mon 15:00]
>
> ** TODO Work on the rest
>   [2010-06-21 Mon 12:15]
>
> My remember template was the following:

> (setq org-remember-templates
>      '(
>        ("Task" ?t
>         "* TODO %?\n  %U\n  %i"    ; include a date tag showing when
> it
>                                    ; was added to the TODO file
>         nil                        ; refile.org
>         "Tasks")))
>
> But every inserted task comes "glue'd" to the previous item:

> * Tasks
>
> [...]
>
> ** TODO Work on the rest
>   [2010-06-21 Mon 12:15]
> ** TODO Added task (via remember)
>   [2010-06-21 Mon 12:20]
>
> Changing my template to this:

> (setq org-remember-templates
>      '(
>        ("Task" ?t
>         "\n\n\n* TODO %?\n  %U\n  %i"
>         nil                        ; refile.org
>         "Tasks")))
>
> doesn't change anything to that... Well, I see extra line spaces in
> the
> remember *buffer*, but they're not inserted when filed (`C-c C-c').
>
> How can we get this behavior?  Am I missing some variable?
>
> For your information, I also have:

> (setq org-blank-before-new-entry '((heading . t) (plain-list-item .
> auto)))
>
> but that does not what *I* would expect, inserting a blank before
> any new
> heading.
>
> Any help?
>
> Best regards,
>  Seb
>
> --
> Sébastien Vauban

- Carsten

* Re: Remember does not insert a blank line before new headings
@ 2010-06-21 10:32   ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-06-21 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>>
>> Whenever collecting tasks (for example, but not limited to that), I would
>> like one blank line to be inserted before any heading.
>
> this feature is coming soon, with a bunch of others.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Glad to hear that I wasn't missing anything, and... that it will come soon.

Thanks a lot,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban